Palm Help
Aug 6, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 10
In terms of what's being offered in Palm's current product range, if I happened to have to replace my Tungsten T3 (which I hope I won't have to), I'd have to say besides the LifeDrive I would get the TX. With the feature list and specifications, the TX seems as though it's a pretty good handheld (although the processor could be faster).

It should become the perfect PDA if you are looking to get organized, as well as play around a bit with the built in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

Aug 7, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, id like to be able to compose documents on it too

I suggest an external keyboard of some sort. It's been a great help to me when writing documents on my Clie NX-80V, even though it has a built-in QWERTY thumb board.

Aug 7, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #7 of 10
Get the TX.

Do not get a LifeDrive ever. I have had one, in fact it is in a desk drawer here, and it was a pain to use.

cheers
Simon

Aug 7, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #8 of 10
few more inquiries:

non-removable battery - how much life should I expect of this?

overall device reliability, should I get a 1 or 2 year replacement plan?

id almost be sold if it had a usb slot so i can just plug my usb drives into it

Aug 7, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #9 of 10
I've had multiple Palms. My T3 is still going strong, the wife uses it, and my old m515 serves as a backup PDA in case I ever have a problem with my TX. I get a couple of days use out of the battery between charges if I only use it for calendar, Bible reading, and other PIM/office tasks. I'd have to recharge it daily if I used it for video and audio. I keep the WiFi and Bluetooth off most of the time too.

My m515 is now 4-5 years old. If the battery is still fine on it, then I think the TX battery ought to last just as long. FWIW, there are some good 3rd party sources for replacement batteries.

Getting the extra warranty is up to you, but they're often just a profit center for the store and do little to help you once you actually need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back