Pale Folklore
Dec 7, 2010 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Vikingatheart

500+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anyone was having issues with the percussion on this album. I love the album, but the production seems very muffled and bass heavy. I know its not my headphones because all the other albums I have listened to tonight sound great. Any thoughts?

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 8
TBH, its an iTunes download. Normally I would just blame it on that, but my friend has the CD, and I ripped it in lossless and it sounds the same. I guess its just how it was recorded.

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 8
I have the original vinyl and it sounds a lot better than the digital copy that I also have. 

Dec 8, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
I have the original vinyl and it sounds a lot better than the digital copy that I also have. 

If only I had a turntable :frowning2:

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Quote:

If only I had a turntable :frowning2:

If only I could find the original vinyl.:frowning2:

I haven't noticed anything wrong with the percussion, but I haven't given it a listen in a while.  
I'll pop it in right now and report back. 

Dec 8, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #7 of 8
The percussion just kicked in and I instantly hear what you were saying.  
The cymbals sound fine, well maybe a little harsh sounding.  The snare sounds fine to me.  It's really the kick drum that sounds very muddy.  Where he's doing all of that double bass I can't really pick out the individual strikes.  It sounds almost like a bunch of shoes in a dryer.  It also muffles the bass guitar.  

So like bob said, it must just have been recorded poorly.  

*sorry for the quasi-rambling.  Typing as I listen.  It is still an excellent album.

Dec 9, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
The percussion just kicked in and I instantly hear what you were saying.  
The cymbals sound fine, well maybe a little harsh sounding.  The snare sounds fine to me.  It's really the kick drum that sounds very muddy.  Where he's doing all of that double bass I can't really pick out the individual strikes.  It sounds almost like a bunch of shoes in a dryer.  It also muffles the bass guitar.  

So like bob said, it must just have been recorded poorly.  

*sorry for the quasi-rambling.  Typing as I listen.  It is still an excellent album.

I agree. The album is great and this "problem" doesn't really take anything away from the listening experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back