pair of active speakers 1oo € - no boomy bass or pierced higs - similar beoplay h6 or yamaha hs 50
Aug 22, 2018 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dany91

Head-Fier
Hello. You can tell me a pair of active speakers (to listen with the fiiox1, so not with dac-dap high end) within the € 100, of modest size (ideally large max like the edifier R1280T). The problem that I have different tastes from the majority of buyers that I review on the internet. I do not want a sound full of accentuated lows, and I'd rather feel the brilliance of the mids and highs. I have heard that the Edifiers already mentioned have a pronounced bass anyway, and the highs cut around 16 khz. I'm sorry, for the rest they seemed like it was for us ...
I own the delicate and crystalline Beoplay H6 1gen, I was hoping to find something that comes close to the flat of those headphones, or to the sound of yamaha h50, which years ago I had used ... Maybe a big claim, but known that creative, sony, make products with high cutting or low inflated...

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 7
I've have a possibility buy semi-used by amazon with 117 € the PreSonus 4.5... In those days i have hear test audio in youtube, and appaer a good flat response...In your opinion, is it a good deal? Even if they are studio monitors, can they be used well for music listening? In the end it's not that we need a disco sound, but only to hear the songs well ... Or the Microlab B77? Which one has the most soundstage and imaging?

Aug 25, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 7
The microlab b77 sounds thin and tinny, the presonus sounds good in the mids and highs very accurate good clear sound, but has a dip in the bass which to me makes them sound wrong, the presonus definitely has the best soundstage and imaging, there also more of a multimedia speaker than a studio monitor.
The samson m30 should be in your budget not sure how they compare to the presonus though.

Sep 10, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #5 of 7
Then, for now I would be directed to those Presonus, too bad that currently there are not on offer, but this is a purchase that is not very urgent ...
However, if i increase the budget of up to € 30-50 more, what could i find better with the features I mentioned above? So, in the maximum price range 150 €?

Nov 15, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #6 of 7
I believe that the myth that Studio Monitors cannot be used to listen to music enjoyably is complete BS. A good pair of studio monitors will allow songs to sound how they are intended, and can be adjusted to suit your needs. A "HiFi" speaker with an inaccurate frequency response is a compromise in my mind, not a benefit. The Presonus 4.5 that you listed are a good option at your budget, but if you step up a little more you have a good selection of new or used monitors including KRK, Adamaudio, etc. No monitor or speaker is going to be perfect at this price range, but I believe that the budget offerings from KRK and Adam give a far better sound quality than you can find from an equivalent HiFi computer speaker

Nov 15, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #7 of 7
(the topic is little old)
In the next weeks I will be able to directly compare the microlab b77 and the presouns e4.5. Then I will decide which one to take. It's still subjective ... Someone on the internet likes the delicate / light sound of the B77 more than the Presouns...

In any case I began to understand that I am used to the acoustics of headphones ... That's why for now I have been disappointed even by more expensive speakers... I would like to share the music and have as much as possible a musical experience like the headphones, with the melodies nearby and well present ... In modern music genres, with all these exaggerated rhythms, they cover a lot the melodies and that's why, for the different acoustics of the speakers, that I'm still left disappointed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back