Painting E3c Cord
Jul 18, 2005 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Highnoon

New Head-Fier
Yes, I know this is stupid, but due to my recent purchase of a 30 gig iPod photo (hellz yes!), I have been dying to paint my e3c cord white. Is there any way I could possibly do this without it coming off in a matter of days?? Thanks

PS. My e3c's are in for repair right now, and i was wondering if anybody knew the standard turnaround time for a Shure RMA.
confused.gif

Jul 18, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 14
Use vinyl dye. You should be able to find it at automotive stores, it's typically used for vinyl interior touchup. It either comes in a spray or a bottle for brush on. Make sure it's actual vinyl DYE, not the vinyl "color". While vinyl "color" has worked for me on hard plastics, it may not work so well on anything soft and flexible.

Jul 18, 2005 at 10:29 PM Post #7 of 14
Man, why don't you sell your e3c, and get an e4c. You got white cord and white can + better sound.

Jul 18, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Man, why don't you sell your e3c, and get an e4c. You got white cord and white can + better sound.

The cord on the E4's is almost white, a light grey. I still don't think this guy will be happy. ER6i's are the way to go if the "White" thing is the most important... (hee hee)

Jul 19, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Link to the story:

http://www.nynewsday.com/news/nyc-ip...page-breaking2

He was stabbed while being mugged of his iPod. This is news because it's an iPod. It wouldn't be news if it was a watch or a briefcase? Sure, change the colour of your headphones and secret your iPod away if it makes you feel better but if someone's gonna mug you (it used to be mobile phones) he's gonna mug you. If you really want to feel safer move to a better area.

Jul 19, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackT
He was stabbed while being mugged of his iPod. This is news because it's an iPod. It wouldn't be news if it was a watch or a briefcase? Sure, change the colour of your headphones and secret your iPod away if it makes you feel better but if someone's gonna mug you (it used to be mobile phones) he's gonna mug you. If you really want to feel safer move to a better area.

rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back