Paiaudio (π audio) - Chinese IEM brand
Sep 16, 2015 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

CloudeKr

Head-Fier
TL;DR: Hard-to-discover-if-you're-not-from-China brand that offer sleek custom-like 2/3 driver BA IEMS for a competitive 100USD+ price.

I came across this while looking at second hand IEMs. Seller offered a three BA driver pair and one of the only two comments was asking whether they were from Pi (the math sign) audio, only to be cooly ignored. After intense Googling, stalking and scouring and countless variations of spelling combinations like Phi Pai Pi jumping across Google and Taobao and Facebook and Head-Fi, I finally located the product and learnt that they were on sale for a market price of 136 USD, lower than the second hand offer the seller gave.

Paiaudio is apparently a decently recognised brand in China mainland that also spun off countless DIY forms (as much as the SE215s or 535s did) on the online markets. I was fascinated that there had been virtually no discussion about them besides a few posts on the Chinese Brands thread on Head-fi.

Their (I presume) main/flagship product would be the Paiaudio/3.14 MR3 which come in Citrus, Blue or Coffee colours.

They run Knowled-ED and Sonion drivers and seem like a solid product for the low end IEM market. I'm getting my pair in a few weeks.

They offer MR2 2-BA ones and the DR1 single dynamic in the same custom-like casing. Their last product is some cheap-looking earphones which I wouldn't bother describing as of now.

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #4 of 10
You should check out the Chinese/Asian thread. Some of their multi driver iems have been commented on there (at least based on the you image posted they should be from the same company).

Thanks for your suggestion. I did (if not I wouldn't know that thread had posts about this brand now would I 
biggrin.gif
), I had been looking for decent IEMs cause I'm new to this arena. I looked at the crazy topnotch K10s/64ears/JH/etc cIEMs and I had been having an impulsive crush on their form factor. The MR3s kinda fit all the requirements I have, a 3-driver (wouldn't think my ears would pick up anything beyond this amount of drivers) BA pair that looked slick and were cheap. There were suggestions on SE535s sold on AliExpress for about the same price but somehow these just looked better. A little shallow but hey.

tempting... wonder how well they sound for the price..

Pardon me dear mods but as far as I know there are literally 0 reviews out there in the entire internet for these headphones (again, really surprising seeing many of these sold on the Chinese markets of AliBaba). Those on the Chinese web have shallow responses about them looking good and had pretty much nothing besides "oh they sound decent/good" in the comments (I speak Chinese as my mother tongue). My audiophile buddy inspected the driver specifications and proposed that could be almost on par with the TF10s, though of course everything from the tuning and the chambers would be different so it isn't definite. I sure hope this thread can last till I get my hands on trying them out.

Sep 16, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #7 of 10
I've seem a lot of the Paiaudio stuff across Fleabay and Aliexpress (especially when out hunting for cheap CIEM materials on the latter). Haven't been on the forums for a while so mostly researching them in a vacuum, never managed to convince any of the folks I talked with to try them out. Would be interested to see how they fare.

Those on the Chinese web have shallow responses about them looking good and had pretty much nothing besides "oh they sound decent/good" in the comments (I speak Chinese as my mother tongue).

Being another native speaker (although fluency has gone down drastically) the comments have been, to say the least, mostly superfluous, partly hilarious (as is with much of the online Chinese headphone community).

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #8 of 10
Being another native speaker (although fluency has gone down drastically) the comments have been, to say the least, mostly superfluous, partly hilarious (as is with much of the online Chinese headphone community).

Not surprising, they've probably been desensitised to hi fi cause there are just so many fakes out there which they genuinely believe to be producing the real substance and sound quality. Most look for aesthetics too anyway, I did to a certain extent too when I chose these over the SE215.

Adding new pics and maybe a chapter on the aftermarket DR1s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back