Pagin LFF, yet another audio horror.
Mar 15, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In fact, I want to change my sig so the vinyl bieng held is dark sidfe of the moon, but alas, my computer skills are to low for that.

If you happened to have a larger resolution file of your avatar and perhaps even a photograph of your vinyl DSotM (Preferably on a clean background with sharp contrast compared to the vinyl cover), I'm sure it could happen.

As for the rest of the topic, I grew up in a home where a piano was constantly played. I feel as if I'm only "getting close" to real sound after spending close to $1000 on my main listening system (along with a fair bit of cash thrown at IEMs for various reasons). I also feel that you can get "close enough" with a mere $200 if necessary ($50 on a Sansa Fuze, $150 on a quality IEM).

However, is "close enough" good enough for me? No. Not when "getting close" makes me much happier than "close enough". The difference in sound is really quite small (if we were to talk percentages) after you hit the $150-$200 mark in headphones, but it's still enough that it brings a smile to my face, and that's certainly worth every penny.

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You shouldn't generalize, i've been using descen't/good equipement since I was thirteen (my parents aren't audiophiles and I had to do summer work to save up the cash). But at that young age I when I heard the sound system my family had, I felt it wasn't enough and that there had to be more and thus started looking around at different equipement. I'm still young (21), but have upgraded my system substantially and intend several upgrades to bring me even close to the music in the future.

I'm talking about the vast majority of kids. I'm also young and this is what I'm seeing. If I was wrong, Skull Candy wouldn't be marketing on looks over SQ.

Mar 17, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #33 of 33
They've recorded a music video on a cell phone camera, now we'll get entire albums recorded on one. It'll be a new fad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back