pads mods for grado rs-1
Mar 27, 2009 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys! i know that it has been talked in a lot of threads,but i don't feel like searching for an hour now i am a bit weak and tired. so i want to ask you guys what pads mods for rs-1 can you reccommend for me?

are the yellow pads(by the way which can do they belong to?)is good for the rs-1 like they with the other grados?
and does ie change the sound a little? i mean...i already looooove their sound and handle the harshness pretty good. but i wouldnt mind for a bit more bass and maybe a little less highs.

thx for the upcoming answers!

Mar 27, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #2 of 6
You want the grado flat pads.. that'll achieve the "more bass, less highs"

Finding someplace that doesn't chage an arm and a leg will be another story.

The pads you're thinking of are the HD 414.. however they're not hollow in the middle so it will definetly change the sound and for the worse.. you can cut them out though..

Mar 27, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You want the grado flat pads.. that'll achieve the "more bass, less highs"

Finding someplace that doesn't chage an arm and a leg will be another story.

The pads you're thinking of are the HD 414.. however they're not hollow in the middle so it will definetly change the sound and for the worse.. you can cut them out though..

thanks for the reply! ok..so i need to change my pads to the flats.. i just need to buy them and install them? how do i cange pads? (sorry for my ignorance but have never mod any cans of mine)

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the reply! ok..so i need to change my pads to the flats.. i just need to buy them and install them? how do i cange pads? (sorry for my ignorance but have never mod any cans of mine)

Just pull them off and put new ones on. You can practice with the ones you have now.

Mar 28, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #5 of 6
What model of RS1's do you have? I am currently searching for a pair myself and I kinda like the look of the buttonless model. The new RS1i's look great but I am worried about that massive cable and the weight it has but would sacrifice if it sounded better than the older models. What I have read so far is that not much change is heard. I have a pair of 225's and well upgraditis is setting in.

Don't mean to h/j the thread but I use bowls with my Grados as the flats do inflate the bass but mutes the extension of the highs. Lot of people comment on the flats synergy with the vintage RS1's. Flats are bit pricey though.

Mar 28, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What model of RS1's do you have? I am currently searching for a pair myself and I kinda like the look of the buttonless model. The new RS1i's look great but I am worried about that massive cable and the weight it has but would sacrifice if it sounded better than the older models. What I have read so far is that not much change is heard. I have a pair of 225's and well upgraditis is setting in.

Don't mean to h/j the thread but I use bowls with my Grados as the flats do inflate the bass but mutes the extension of the highs. Lot of people comment on the flats synergy with the vintage RS1's. Flats are bit pricey though.

i don't know what is the difference between the new rs-1 and the old. if you tell me i will tell you what model i have.

yeah..i noticed the flat pads are really a little expensive. it now depends on my curiosity if i buy them or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back