Pads For Panasonic HTX7
May 31, 2008 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

incognitoedleon

500+ Head-Fier
I won't be shocked if this thread doesn't get any replies given this headphone never got much of a following here. But I use mine all the time as "beat-arounds" since they're light, comfy and sound great for the bargain price. Anyway, for the longest time, my pads have been completely worn down and cracked. I checked the Panasonic parts website, but the replacement pads are $20 and with shipping, that'll probably be $25. Heck, I can get a brand new pair for $35 now. Given that it only took a few months for them to wear out, I was wondering if there were any better pads I could use. I read somewhere that the HTX9, which looks exactly the same, uses better pads. However, the Panasonic parts store lists nothing for that model.

May 31, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 5
The problem isn't so much cost as it is the poor quality of the regular HTX7 pads. I've never had the pads on any of my headphones -- even the cheap $5 drugstore types in my unenlightened days (
biggrin.gif
) wear out, ever. And these disintegrated in about 3-4 months. It's not worth it buying new pads that often.

May 31, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 5
well, then maybe the htx9 pads would be worth it, as it is supposed to be of higher quality.
i have no idea of how much better the quality is though, so they might fall apart just as fast as the htx7 pads :p
as to how to get a hold of them i have no idea, as they dont even sell panasonics here in norway
smily_headphones1.gif

maybe audiocubes has them?

Apr 15, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #5 of 5
Bumping an old post, but I've had my 7s since May last year and I've not got any wear on my pads. These were the general UK market release of 2008, so maybe the pads were upgraded to those of the 9s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back