Pads for Audio Technica ATH AD500X
Jan 26, 2021 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Jaeger 77

Head-Fier
Hello!
I want to change the stock pads from ATH AD500X because they are a little small for my ears and i dont like the fact that ears touching the drivers so i need some thicker and more rounded pads.
I don't know what to choose for changing stock pads so please help:)

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #2 of 13
Should be able to find (thicker) generic ear pads for around $10-$15
Do an internet search for "ATH-AD500X ear pads".

Jan 28, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #4 of 13
Jan 28, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #6 of 13
Feb 5, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #7 of 13
Nevermind,i just returned AD500X to the seller because of a manufacturing problem: left earcup sounded to bassy/boomy in certain tracks or games vs. right earcup and the volume was louder in the left cup. They gave my money back and now i'm in the searching of a new headphone. What do you guys thinking: is it worth to pay 25 USD more and get ATH AD700X? How's that sound vs AD500X? I hope it have same amount of bass and better middle range,also same amount of highs (i'm pretty treble sensitive,i returned once a pair of DT990 Pro for that reason).My source is an iFi ZEN DAC,i listen to TIDAL HI-FI Master and playing a lot of multiplayer games (Warzone,BF5,Rainbow 6 Siege). Please give some advices,thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #8 of 13
Nevermind,i just returned AD500X to the seller because of a manufacturing problem: left earcup sounded to bassy/boomy in certain tracks or games vs. right earcup and the volume was louder in the left cup. They gave my money back and now i'm in the searching of a new headphone. What do you guys thinking: is it worth to pay 25 USD more and get ATH AD700X? How's that sound vs AD500X? I hope it have same amount of bass and better middle range,also same amount of highs (i'm pretty treble sensitive,i returned once a pair of DT990 Pro for that reason).My source is an iFi ZEN DAC,i listen to TIDAL HI-FI Master and playing a lot of multiplayer games (Warzone,BF5,Rainbow 6 Siege). Please give some advices,thanks!
The AD700X has a light bass, noticeable less then the AD500X.

Feb 6, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #9 of 13
I hope light bass can be fixed with ''truebass'' switch on the ZEN,i was impressed how very good amount of lower frequency can be brought via that feature. But how's the treble on AD700X? Is it too sibilant/sharp like DT990 Pro's or is at normal level?
Also i can buy HD 599 at the same price with 700X,but will Senns sound better in games/music or worse?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #10 of 13
I hope light bass can be fixed with ''truebass'' switch on the ZEN,i was impressed how very good amount of lower frequency can be brought via that feature. But how's the treble on AD700X? Is it too sibilant/sharp like DT990 Pro's or is at normal level?
Also i can buy HD 599 at the same price with 700X,but will Senns sound better in games/music or worse?
Nothing will increase the bass of the AD700X.
I would take the HD599, over the AD700X.

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #11 of 13
Well,it seems that i will be able to plus some cash over this upgrade and ''fall'' into 200 USD price area:)
So in that manner,will Sennheisser HD 560S be better all around than AD700X and HD599? Strictly and only amped by ZEN Dac because i dont want to invest anymore in powerfull dacs/amps.
Headphones usage for me is first gaming(multiplayer mainly) and second Tidal HI-FI MQA.
Many thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #12 of 13
Well,it seems that i will be able to plus some cash over this upgrade and ''fall'' into 200 USD price area:)
So in that manner, will Sennheiser HD 560S be better all around than AD700X and HD599? Strictly and only amped by ZEN Dac because I don't want to invest anymore in powerfull dacs/amps.
Headphones usage for me is first gaming(multiplayer mainly) and second Tidal HI-FI MQA.
Many thanks!
My gut says for music, the HD560S would be the better choice, not sure for FPS gaming.

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #13 of 13
I will buy HD 560S. I know that it will not have the superwide soundstage of ATH AD700X,but i guess it is the better allarounder between the two. I'm not willing to risk anymore with Audio Technica ADxx series and their very questionable factory QC. I hope i will get good positional audio and details in COD Warzone and BF V multiplayer and Tidal MQA will sound good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back