PA2V2 w/ iPod lineout... Too much gain!!
Aug 8, 2005 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

markopolo

Head-Fier
Hey guys. Maybe somebody can help me out here. I find that I have to set the PocketAmp's volume to at least 3 o'clock to get a balanced sound. Only problem is, that's just way too much gain (i.e. earbleed levels) for the iPod's lineout with my E4c's. I'm using a Sik Ram Din if it matters.

I don't want to have to use the level attenuator that came with the E4's... I've heard it degrades the sound, and it's just extra kludge I don't need. I suppose I could mp3gain all my files and make them realllly soft to compensate (that would work, right?), except that sometimes I like to travel light (sans amp) and don't want to run out of room on the volume dial when listening straight out of the headphone jack. Any suggestions (besides getting a new/better amp)?

Aug 11, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 4
You could contact Gary of Electric Avenues (the maker of your amp) and ask him to do a slight modification to your amp. Tell him the earbuds/cans you plan to use most with this amp and he can make changes accordingly.

EDIT: You'd only incur shipping costs and a small fee possibly for the service.

Aug 11, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by takt
You could contact Gary of Electric Avenues (the maker of your amp) and ask him to do a slight modification to your amp. Tell him the earbuds/cans you plan to use most with this amp and he can make changes accordingly.

EDIT: You'd only incur shipping costs and a small fee possibly for the service.

Gary Ali is the nicest amp builder, EVER. He won't charge you a fee for doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back