PA2V2 Questions
May 20, 2006 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Richark911

New Head-Fier
H!, this is my first post on Head-fi.org, although I have been reading through the informative forums for a few months already. I am an beginner audiophile, and I am also a frugal audiophile. Currently, my setup consists of a Chaintech AV-710 and HD-280s, and KSC-75s. Since the chaintech needs an amp, I decided to buy a fairly cheap one. Recently, I bought the PA2V2 portable amp, direct from Gary, which I read nice reviews about in these forums. I know that it will be arriving shortly, but I just realized that they do not come with the rechargeable batteries, but only the AC adapter. Therefore, I ordered rechargeable AAs. Since my amp will probably arrive a few days before the batteries, my question is, is it okay to use the amp with only the AC adapter, and no batteries at all? Will it do damage? With the amp arriving soon, I know that I won't be able to resist the temptation of trying it out, but I am willing to wait for the batteries to arrive, if there is potential for damage to the amp. Thanks!!!

May 20, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 3
You should ask those questions to Gary, but I asked him the same questions when I ordered the PA2V2 so I will answer them for you.

Using the AC adapter without the rechargable batteries will NOT damage the amp or the headphones. However, you might hear a lot of distortion and clipping with the amp. The distortion or clipping is not caused by the amp malfunctioning. The amp is designed to be used with 1.2V rechargables, which is why it is not functioning to its fullest ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back