PA2v2 or Cmoy
Dec 7, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #17 of 24
yea i'm actually interested to, i want some cheap good ones from a head-fi'er
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #18 of 24
You really should ask Zigis or post a wanted advert in the sales section, something along the lines of "WTB CMoy Amp (or builder)".

(I have built one of Zigis amps that I could sell (mini cubed on the way
biggrin.gif
) PM if you want any more info/pics.)

Dec 7, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Heck, I want one of these round ones by BioscinceGeek just because they are so darned cute besides; if it sounds half as good as a Hornet for $48.99 It's a no brainer for me
tongue.gif
(heck I can drink $50 in two hours and then what, Scar says all drains lead to the ocean
eek.gif
) LOL

Dec 11, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by meusickfrek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so the cmoys sound better?

That all depends.
The original CMoy design is heavily modified in most CMoy amps , CMoys are rarely identical to another, there are dozens of tweaks that can be made which can all effect the output.
The Op-Amp is an obvious example of this, as is the gain, the potentiometer used, the ground source, even the little things like the power supply, mini jack sockets and the choice of casing (metal casings can act as a ground) will effect the CMoy's sound to a greater or lesser degree.

Dec 11, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #22 of 24
that kind of what I figured. Just made an offer for the pa2v2 in the FS forum. If I get it I will use it while possibly building my own cmoy. Sounds like fun! And it may even sound better.

Dec 21, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #23 of 24
Sorry for bringin up an old thread but would getting one of these amps help if my source is just an HP laptop? Im not too satisfied with the onboard audio and i want something relatively cheap that would help with the SQ

thanks

Dec 21, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for bringin up an old thread but would getting one of these amps help if my source is just an HP laptop? Im not too satisfied with the onboard audio and i want something relatively cheap that would help with the SQ

thanks

You're best off starting your own new thread. How much an amp will help you depends on what cans you have. But since you don't like your onboard sound, I suggest posting in the Computer Audio forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back