PA2v2 for Grado SR-60?
Sep 29, 2009 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

radiohlite

100+ Head-Fier
I'm not gonna be upgrading my phones anytime soon (saving up for RS-2, but LATER!), and I do love my woodied/tape-modded SR-60s but I wonder if the PA2v2 can give me the kind of bass the tape mod does so I can take it off. Been reading around here about how Grados need more current, but will that amp make a SIGNIFICANT difference over my dear little CMoy? If not, then any other sub-$100 amp? Don't care if it's not portable.

Sep 29, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #2 of 7
I've owned both of them, but at separate times. I think that combo will do the trick.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #3 of 7
I've got my PA2v2 right next to me for my Alessandro MS-1i's and they work great. Considering that MS-1i's are basically modified SR-125s, i think they will help SR60s excellently as well.

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 7
The PA2v2 we the first headphone amp I purchased, to go with my SR-80's. I think for the price, it will suite your needs. That, and Gary (guy who makes the amps) is a good guy and offers exceptional support for his product.

Sep 30, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by radiohlite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not gonna be upgrading my phones anytime soon (saving up for RS-2, but LATER!), and I do love my woodied/tape-modded SR-60s but I wonder if the PA2v2 can give me the kind of bass the tape mod does so I can take it off. Been reading around here about how Grados need more current, but will that amp make a SIGNIFICANT difference over my dear little CMoy? If not, then any other sub-$100 amp? Don't care if it's not portable.

Back when I owned SR125 headphones, my amp was a PA2V2 and it is a dandy with Grado headphones. Great synergy indeed. Not to mention Gary is a great guy to deal with.

I would go for it.

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #7 of 7
You might also want to look into the JBS Labs Bass Boost CMOY, which is what I use with my SR60s. It gives the bass a pretty good shot in the arm without much coloration to other frequency ranges (that I can hear, anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back