PA2v2 Bettery Recommendation
Jul 15, 2006 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Spaceage

100+ Head-Fier
The consensus seems to be that the PA2v2 provides incredible battery life, but for some reason I haven't been getting it. I am probably getting about 10 hours of use on a full charge. The batteries also seem to drain when the unit is off. I am using Duracell Rechargable ACCU batteries, NiMH / 1.2V / 2050 mAh. They tout these batteries as being great for digital cameras.

My question is, did I pick the wrong ones? What batteries do you use and how much life do you squeeze out of them per charge?

Jul 15, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #2 of 12
It might just be a defect with the amp or the batteries.
I use the Rayovac rechargables that charge in 15 minutes. I haven't had to recharge them since the middle of March!
eek.gif

Jul 15, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
I hope you don't charge it for more than 12 hours when it's off.
It doesn't have a indicator so ... yeah.

The longest I have ever charged it was about 8 hours (I had read somewhere to not charge longer than that.) Even with a an 8 hour charge from a full drain I only get about 10 hours (if that).

Jul 15, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by JT22
It might just be a defect with the amp or the batteries.
I use the Rayovac rechargables that charge in 15 minutes. I haven't had to recharge them since the middle of March!
eek.gif

Are you charging those inside the amp or in the special Rayovac charger?

Jul 16, 2006 at 12:34 AM Post #9 of 12
A few questions, what mah rating are the batteries you are using? What charging method are you using (the internal charger on the pa2v2, or what charger) How many cycles have these batteries been through, ever over charged?

I had a pair of Sakar 2000mah batteries, and used the internal charger on the PA2V2 (when I had it) and I went weeks with it between charging the batteries.

Something is either wrong with the charging circuits (do you have a battery tester to see how charged the batteries are?) (A battery tester will never show full green on a rechargables) or there is a problem with the batteries.

Jul 16, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #10 of 12
Energizer 2500mAh NiMH 1.2v batteries.

They are charged in the PA2v2. They last a long time. I've gone about 40 hours of play time, but I really haven't let them drain down yet. I think I'll do that now, since I'm using them to power my headphones on my PC rig now.

Jul 16, 2006 at 10:33 AM Post #11 of 12
My PA2V2 lasted forever.

I believe Gary put in a trickle system, so just plug in the AC adaptor when you are PLAYING it, so it wont overcharge.

Jul 16, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #12 of 12
Oops. I use the Energize 2500mah nimh 1.2 v batteries. They work great.
Also, if you are charging while the amp is on it won't overcharge.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back