Oxford, England
May 17, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #16 of 19
Just to add to what G-man was saying about teaching, there aren't grammar schools in Oxford, but there are a hell of a lot of private schools in and around the city. However, without previous teaching experience in the UK educational system, or a PGCE (UK higher education teaching qualification) I don't know what her chances would be of getting a job as a teacher, if that is indeed what she would be looking for. It may not be an issue, I don't know one way or another.

May 17, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #17 of 19
I don't think my wife actually wants to teach if we move to Oxford. SHe's had friends who've taught in the UK and they've told her horror stories which make inner city Canadian schools seem like a walk in the park. Regardless of the validity of these stories, they've definitely affected her desire to go to the trouble of getting licensed so she can teach there. Still, who knows what the future holds. A week ago if you'd asked if I thought I'd ever have a chance to study at Oxford, I would've laughed myself out of the room.

May 24, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #19 of 19
As cool as I think that is, I doubt I'd have much likelihood of running into them, despite the fact that I met Radiohead back in like 1999 at a concert in Toronto, Ontario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back