Owning SE 530 but curious about W3
Jul 12, 2009 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gameboy115

Headphoneus Supremus
I am listening to a replacement pair of SE 530 bought from a nice fellow headfier. After proper burn in, I find SE 530 is doing a great job at mid end, what is puzzling me is its clarity below an acceptable standard, not to mention it is not doing about timbre of most instrument.

I wonder how it is comparing to W3, since I am happy owner of UM3X. I like to know more about it. Owners are welcome to give me some idea.

Just want to know more first hand information, I know there is appreciation thread here
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks!!

Jul 12, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gameboy115 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am listening to a replacement pair of SE 530 bought from a nice fellow headfier. After proper burn in, I find SE 530 is doing a great job at mid end, what is puzzling me is its clarity below an acceptable standard, not to mention it is not doing about timbre of most instrument.

I wonder how it is comparing to W3, since I am happy owner of UM3X. I like to know more about it. Owners are welcome to give me some idea.

Just want to know more first hand information, I know there is appreciation thread here
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks!!

I personally don't like owning a product knowing they're products better than it. It keeps making me think about what I'm missing. I only hope the JH13 Pro lives up to the praise that it's receiving from many of you guys. I want to buy that earphone and be done with my search for the holy audio grail.

My only advice for the Shure SE530's is to switch to the large foams because due to the wider base it happens to stretch and fill up the ear canal thus improving sound clarity and sound isolation. I experienced this coming from medium sized foams.

Jul 12, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 5
Haven't heard the SE530, but the W3 has more treble energy than the UM3X, as well as some more mid bass and less up front vocals. Bigger soundstage as well.

I've read the UM3X is similar to the SE530 in some ways, but has a more detailed treble and bit less forward mids.

Jul 12, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ AudioPhile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally don't like owning a product knowing they're products better than it. It keeps making me think about what I'm missing. I only hope the JH13 Pro lives up to the praise that it's receiving from many of you guys. I want to buy that earphone and be done with my search for the holy audio grail.

My only advice for the Shure SE530's is to switch to the large foams because due to the wider base it happens to stretch and fill up the ear canal thus improving sound clarity and sound isolation. I experienced this coming from medium sized foams.

Thanks for your input. I tried large black olive, don't fit me well, so I change back to medium size.

JH13 is good, but since the expectation is so sky high, it really hard to live up to everyone wishing it for. Like every other IEM getting a lot love in headfi, I won't surprise when I see hatred arsing from JH13
icon10.gif

That is also why we have FS forum for people let go of IEM they bought purely from FOTM

Jul 12, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't heard the SE530, but the W3 has more treble energy than the UM3X, as well as some more mid bass and less up front vocals. Bigger soundstage as well.

I've read the UM3X is similar to the SE530 in some ways, but has a more detailed treble and bit less forward mids.

I read review about SE 530 and UM3X, but for me, their difference is pretty obvious. The one and only similarity is forward mid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back