Owned Shure E2C, and you now own E3C read on plz??
Jul 26, 2005 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

viper69

New Head-Fier
I own the E2C's, and like them ALOT..w/that said they were also my first canal earphone too...So I probably would have liked most anything for that matter. I DO like the foamies.

So, what do people think of the E3C's compared to the E2C's I am curious how different they may feel and SOUND.

If you owned both, Id like to hear your pro's and con's of each model's sound..Or how they sounded, not necessarily a good v bad list I suppose.

I am using a Nomad Zen USB2.0, I listen to all sorts of music from jazz, to techno, rap, rock n roll...many thing..however I don't listen to music that has heavy sounding bass, never liked it.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I realize everyone hears things differently and such..but the feedback I received a long time on the E2Cs was dead on. Hoping this time around people can give me some more feedback on the new model that is in my price range...Unsure if I should move up a model.

Thanks...

Jul 26, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #2 of 4
I much prefered the E3's. They have less bass and warmth than E2's, but the highs are improved and overall the presentation just seemed more clear. The only thing I did not like about the E3's was that on certain songs, I felt the bass was there...but not impactful enough. I used foamies on both and they are the way to go....really helping with seal and bass/warmth reproduction.

Jul 29, 2005 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks a lot...tha's interesting....I had heard from one person that they had more bass..well that was before they were released..so supposed to have more..

Hm...what music are you listening too?

Jul 29, 2005 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 4
I can't comment much about the differences in sound between the E2 and the E3 since I have very limited experience with the E3. I do, however, have the E2 and E4. In size and shape the E4 is very similar to the E3. I find the E4 substantially more comfortable than the E2. This is due to the smaller acoustic shaft. When used with the foam tips, the E2 goes all the way into my ear canal like the E4 does, but it's a lot fuller and becomes uncomfortable after a little while. If you use them all the time your ears do get used to them, but it's still no where near the comfort level of the E4.

That said, by most accounts, the E4 sounds quite a bit better than the E3. You might consider saving a little and getting the E4 instead. I even prefer the E4 to the E5 for home use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back