Overwhelmed - Suggestion for entry level super comfy cans.
Dec 26, 2014 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Droppedin

Head-Fier
Looking for a set of cans that can also be used for gaming.  Please help I read so many reviews I am lost and overwhelmed on what to do.  Looking for comfy head phones and maybe a comfy gaming headset. Would prefer under $100 but willing to spend if the comfort is worth it.

I previously used my Koss DJ-Pro 100s, Zalman ZM-Mic1 and a Dual 3.5mm to 2.5mm (PC35-Xbox360) and Syba SD-CM-UAUD USB Stereo Audio Adapter for my old PS3 and 360. Not the most comfortable.

I mainly listen to music like classic rock (think Springsteen), alternative (think Dirty Heads) and reggae-ish (think Slightly Stoopid/Soja). Also enjoy streaming media like Netflix and HBO Go.

Starting to really enjoy my PS4 and multi-player gaming.I want something much more comfortable that i can also use for gaming. Comfort is key. I prefer something closed but not a priority. Maybe a refurbished HD 558's or refurbished Beyerdynamic DT-990-Pro-250?

Comfort is a priority. Something along the lines of MDR-1R or Phillip Uptowns.

Deaf in one ear also. Been reading reviews from everything from Steelseries Raw Prism to Tritton Kunai. I read so many I am lost.  Thinking of trying to buy a headset instead of making one. Not sure what direction to go

As far as gaming headsets, benen kind of narrowing it down toup on HyperX, Kraken, and NVX XPT100s. But whenever I think I have one narrowed one down I see people pointing out flaws. Also, been reading headset have been getting screwed due to PS4 updates and some are not working properly? I don't want an awesome set up that is not PS4 compatible.

Should I just go keep it simple and go with the PS4 gold? Does anyone really like them? Or is the Beats of gaming headsets?

And then the questions of amps…

I heard the Hyper X are kind of like the Takstar Pro 80 and they are suppose to be super comfy. 

Any ideas for a super comfortable cans that can also be used for the casual PS4 multi-player gamer?

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 6
Headphone comfort is a very individual thing.  Sizing and sensitivities are unique to each person.  We can point you to headphones that are generally considered to be comfortable and mention others that have garnered complaints for being uncomfortable.  However, the only way to know for sure is to wear them yourself for a time equivalent to your longest listening session.

The DT 990 and HD 558 (but HD 598 more so) are generally considered to be comfortable cans.

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks so much for the advice! So in general the DT 990's are more if you have a closed preference and the HD 558's are for an open preference? Are the HD's 598 worth the extra money. I mean comfort wise; my ears are not trained that well probably to know the audio quality difference.

Dec 27, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks so much for the advice! So in general the DT 990's are more if you have a closed preference and the HD 558's are for an open preference? Are the HD's 598 worth the extra money. I mean comfort wise; my ears are not trained that well probably to know the audio quality difference.

The DT 990 are open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back