Overwhelmed newbie needs a suggestion.
Sep 8, 2008 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

armoured

Head-Fier
First post here. I'm overwhelmed by the choices of IEM out there. My price max range is $100.

I'm looking at the super.fi 3 Studio that can be had for $75. I've heard that the Altec Lansing inMotion iM716 blows other IEMS in it's price range away, however it looks pretty bad to me and I'm not looking to mod it.

I'm planning to buy the iBasso D2 Boa and currently own a Fiio amp. I owned and used the V-moda Vibe but now it belongs to my dad. I'm just using a Grado SR80 currently and ipod headphones
dt880smile.png

Would the super.fi 3 go well with the D2 Boa? Are they a good choice? Should I suck it up and upgrade to the super.fi 5 Pro?

I listen to ALOT of Jack Johnson and Smashing Pumpkins. (I know strange combo) No rap/hip-hop

I know there are numerous threads everyday asking the same question, but through numerous searches......I really havn't got a clue of which is the best to buy for pure SQ.

Thank you in advance.

Edit-Will be using Ipod-Line out-D2 Boa-

Sep 8, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #4 of 10
Check ClieOS's roundup. The one's the fall under your price max are RE2's, ER6is's, iM716's, MylarOne's, CX300's, EX85SL's.

Sep 8, 2008 at 10:16 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of all the suggestions so far, I think the 751s win hands down for that price. If you can't get it at that price for some reason, the next bet are the RE2s for your music.

QFT

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here ya go. Get them while they are in stock and at this price. You'll have to add them to your cart to see the $98 price:

ANTOnline.com - Denon AHC751K Denon AHC751K In-ear Headphones (Black)

I second that motion. I love mine. You can also get them at buy.com. go for the free shipping. They sent mine fedex ground when i chose free shipping.

Sep 8, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #8 of 10
I would say that the money spent on getting a portable amp doesn't improve sound quality as much as spending it on some better IEMs. Maybe you should save to get some sleek SA6s instead.

Sep 8, 2008 at 5:30 PM Post #10 of 10
I would throw the ATH-CK7s in there as another choice in the sub $100 range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back