Overwhelmed and need some direction on custom IEMs.... open budget.
Apr 27, 2019 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

romnation

100+ Head-Fier
Just got a Sony NW-WM1Z DAP. My current full size can set up that I really enjoy is Audeze LCD-3 paired with Cavali Liquid Fire tube amp.

I guess I'm looking for a similar sound with custom IEMs to add to my new DAP. I value a neutral sound with accurate low end bass you can feel (like the LCD-3). I don't even know where to begin with custom IEMs. There are so many options and once you've committed, you're basically stuck with them. I have no real budget maximum. Looking for some recommendations.

Edit: Mods feel free to move this to the proper forum.

Apr 27, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 3
Some brands have universal versions of their product, in addition to customs. I'd see if you could perhaps demo the universal version of something that interests you. That would be either via shop (if you are lucky enough to live in the right spot) or else by contacting the company for a loaner (with deposit, obviously).

If you get a decent fit with universals, a custom version of the same design should have the same signature in general, or in my experience even better.

Apr 28, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #3 of 3
Just got a Sony NW-WM1Z DAP. My current full size can set up that I really enjoy is Audeze LCD-3 paired with Cavali Liquid Fire tube amp.

I guess I'm looking for a similar sound with custom IEMs to add to my new DAP. I value a neutral sound with accurate low end bass you can feel (like the LCD-3). I don't even know where to begin with custom IEMs. There are so many options and once you've committed, you're basically stuck with them. I have no real budget maximum. Looking for some recommendations.

Edit: Mods feel free to move this to the proper forum.

Any ideas of brands you'd like to look at? Acryllic or Silicone? If no one else answers try posting here :-

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...al-high-end-portable-audio-discussion.826876/

or ask @Deezel177 for help, he should be able to point you in the right direction at least :p

Have fun deciding. If there is one piece of advice I can pass on it's don't skimp on trying to save when having impressions done. These are the most critical part of the whole process.

Good luck and sorry about your wallet in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back