Overear that doesn't fit my ears...
Dec 15, 2013 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tan1415

100+ Head-Fier
What does this do for the sound?
I have the HM5 and my ears fits comfortably.
recently bought the UE6000 and this doesnt fit my ears. The lower pads rest on my lower earlobes. What does this do to t the soundsignature? i meean this headphone is meant to be over your ears? I guess there will be soundleage at the minimum.

Is this something I should kee or look for something with better fit.

Dec 16, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 10
Well firstly the over ear headphones are supposed to go around your ears, so if the UE6000s are pressing on your lower earlobes, causing discomfort and you intend to use them for long periods of time in one sitting, I would recommend selling them and getting a pair of headphones that has larger/taller cups. Like the Sennheiser HD 600 for example. Sound quality wise, as long as the gaps between your ears and the earpads are not particularly wide there should not be much degradation.

Dec 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #6 of 10
Dec 16, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #8 of 10
  Hi money,

I have the MDR1R. Somehow I get VERY sweaty ears from it. i gave it back to my bro.
My most comfortable headphone is the JAYcars/FA003/HM5 cans.

since the MDR-1R has pretty big earcups, your sweatiness issue is being caused by the pleather earpad material that is not very breathable. I would suggest trying to find headphones w/ velour pads as that greatly decreases the feeling of sweatiness.

mmm... after that, I can only suggest you get the earcup dimensions of those headphones & use that are a screening tool when shopping for headphones. good luck :)

Dec 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #9 of 10
Soundsignature:balanced/Neutral but with very powerfull but clean fast bass. Absolutely no bleeding to mids or bass bloat. Mids not recessed, must work with both male and female vocals. Highs must not have any sibilance.

Seems pretty standard. Portability is a must. The HM5 is too big.

Dec 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #10 of 10
  Soundsignature:balanced/Neutral but with very powerfull but clean fast bass. Absolutely no bleeding to mids or bass bloat. Mids not recessed, must work with both male and female vocals. Highs must not have any sibilance.

Seems pretty standard. Portability is a must. The HM5 is too big.

Only other headphones I've tried that fit that criteria are the Sennheiser Momentums, but they have small earcups, so you might not like em comfort-wise.

Perhaps KEF M500, NAD VISO HP50, 
Philips CitiScape Uptown, or Shure SRH840/Sony MDR-ZX700 from Jude's gift guide might be some options to consider.
http://www.head-fi.org/a/2013-head-fi-winter-gift-guide-over-ear-headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back