Overcoats?
Dec 15, 2005 at 3:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Aman

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello forum!

I am calling upon the knowlege of others to see if they may have a suggestion for a nice and cheap overcoat. The only real restrictions are that it must be a 3/4 cut, it would be nice if it were buttoned instead of zippered, and it were a dark brown/black color. Does anybody have a good recommendation for one for under $200?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 15, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #4 of 9
I wear one of these. Attractive, fashion-minded women have complemented me on it. It's a great coat because it's very versatile: you can wear it with dress clothes but it also goes very well with jeans.

Dec 15, 2005 at 6:43 AM Post #5 of 9
I have a shorter one from j.crew that is really nice because it is lined with thinsulate, which adds a noticeable amount of warmth. I dont know if that's available on the longer coats though. When I went to some department stores a little while ago, they were all having huge sales on all the wool-type coats (like 50+% off), you could try some of those. That's also good because you can try on several different brands at once to see which you like.

Dec 15, 2005 at 10:10 AM Post #7 of 9
Weatherproof make some decent overcoats that aren't too expensive. You should be able to find them at Ross if you guys have that there.

If you can find a decent discount retailer then you might check out Ralph Lauren or Nautica as well. I just picked up a nice Ralph Lauren full length overcoat for $100 (MSRP $275).

I also have a pretty nice London Fog overcoat that works well for being dressed up or down.

Dec 15, 2005 at 10:12 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
I wear one of these. Attractive, fashion-minded women have complemented me on it. It's a great coat because it's very versatile: you can wear it with dress clothes but it also goes very well with jeans.

Very nice in black...

Dec 15, 2005 at 3:27 PM Post #9 of 9
How about one that doesn't generate static electricity? When I take off my coat or move around too much my IEMs zap my head. Between that and my long hair standing straight up, I feel like The Bride of Frankenstein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back