Over the Ear Phones
Mar 1, 2014 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

justinto

New Head-Fier
I am looking for an over the ear pair of phones. I have narrowed it down (but not 100%) to:

Sennheiser Momentum
NAD VISO HP50
V-Moda Crossfades M100

All of these are the same price. The only one I heard was the Senns and they sounded pretty good.) How do they compare to the others? I currently have the Beyerdynamic DT-1350 for on the ear and I love their sound. I am glad I bought them. I will keep them for working out.

I mostly listen to a variety of music: progressive rock and jazz.

Justin

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 7
Might consder the MartinLogan Mikros 90 as well. Got some great reviews on the site. I have a pair on the way which I am really looking forward to.
Can't say that I know what the others sound like.

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #3 of 7
I would pick Momentum over M100 for those genres as the balance is better; M100's bass overpowers the other ranges. I haven't yet heard HP50. The thing you need to be aware of about Momentum is that the earcups are small.

Mar 20, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #7 of 7
I still have not decided on these phones. I listened to the PSB M4U today at BBY and compared them to the Momentums. The sound was much more natural and the ear pads went over my ears. The momentums do not fully cover my ears but I do like the sound. My question is how do the PSBs compare in sound to the NAD Visio HP50?

Also, it seems as though I may want to eliminate the M100s after reading dozens of posts. I liked the B&W P7 but for a portable, would not work; the cable seems too thick and the price is $100 more than I was expecting to pay.

Justin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back