Over The Ear Head Set Recommendations
Dec 10, 2011 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

djlen

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new here and hopefully this is in a place where I can get some feedback on what I need to know.   I walk and bike and just bought an Ipod Classic mp3 player.
I'm also hard of hearing and wear hearing aids so the type I need is the over the ear, but not in the ear headsets.   I have tried a few of them and they all sound very tinny with virtually no bass to them at all even when I set the Ipod EQ at "full base".  
My question is can you point me to some decent sounding headsets that meet the description of those above?   I know it will be difficult to find full-sounding headphones that are light weight but this would be  the place to ask.
Any help/feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
Len

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
You posted in the wrong forum if you are looking for over the ear. Check the full size headphone forum.

I don't think so... seems to me he's looking for smaller over the ear portable headphones, which this forum does encompass, as per its title.  So little talk about these, would like to see more.

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #7 of 9
If you can save up a bit more, you'd really like either the Audio Technica ESW9a's or Sennheiser HD25-II 1's.  They're both ballpark $180-$200, but would blow a $50-$100 set away.

There are a lot of good $70-$100 mid-grade IEM options to choose from if you want to go that way.

Dec 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
x2 on the HD25, although I do not recommend you biking with it.

I bike everyday and do not condone biking while wearing headphones of any kind.  Biking requires mostly the sense of sight and sound.  You can easily become a target for another pedestrian or worse a car if you go along biking with headphones in. 

You've only got one life to live.

/rant

If you're going to bike while listening to music its not like you can pick up on detail anyways, so why not just wear a cheap set of $5 headphones and put on the nice stuff when you lock it up?  This way when you smash into the pedestrian crossing the street next to you and you fall and watch your headphones smash into the fire hydrant, you'll only lose $5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back