Over/on ear suggestions?
Feb 2, 2012 at 3:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

iNeuterLlamas

New Head-Fier
I've been wanting to get a pair of cans for a while that don't lack in overall quality. I need something that has a detachable cable. something that sounds pretty amazing, doesn't look like the tackiest piece of trash (But somewhat alright), and will not break in three months. I listen to a lot of ANY type of rock, including hardcore, punk, etc. I also listen to metal, a bit of electronic music, and that's about it. Bass is not THAT important to me, but I do want something that I can actually hear what's going on.
For my price range, I would LOVE to keep it under $150. As low as possible, please! For looks, I'm not TOO picky. I'm alright with the looks of many Shure headphones and anything like that, just not something flashy, or tacky. DJ articulation/swiveling ear cups are preferred, but not needed. Thank you in advance!:D

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 6
I have been looking at the Maxell NC-IV and the Koss PRO DJ100's, but I'm afraid both of them would break easily, and the Koss doesn't have a detachable cable, so I'm sorried about that.

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
I have been looking at the Maxell NC-IV and the Koss PRO DJ100's, but I'm afraid both of them would break easily, and the Koss doesn't have a detachable cable, so I'm sorried about that.

The DJ100 could be run over with a tank and still live. It also includes a lifetime warranty.

Feb 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 6
Really now? I'm loving that news.
dt880smile.png

Feb 2, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #5 of 6
Don't go Maxell, but the Koss is very well-regarded.

Feb 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
I also listen to metal, a bit of electronic music, and that's about it. Bass is not THAT important to me, but I do want something that I can actually hear what's going on.

Quote:
'm alright with the looks of many Shure headphones and anything like that, just not something flashy, or tacky. DJ articulation/swiveling ear cups are preferred, but not needed.

The srh750DJ could be a good choice for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back