Over ear & in ear recommendations
Feb 6, 2012 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SladeAlive

New Head-Fier

I  mostly listen to radio plays in bed (Im a shift worker so my sleeping pattern can be a bit different to my wifes). I mention this as she sometimes complains that she can hear my headphones when shes trying to sleep.

My current 'phones are Sennheiser PX100 IIs which I quite like but for speech they can sound a bit “heavy”.
Do you think in ears would be better ? I want natural speech and intimacy, also isolation to keep the wife happy. Im not looking for bass monsters , I've seen Soundmagic E30 and Radiopaq but I was concerned if they were fakes at £10 on Amazon UK?

Sorry its longwinded -writing on the net is not one of my strong points
Thanks

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 5
I doubt that the Radiopaqs would be faked, as they are UK only, and not well known. Earphones like Sennheisers are often faked since the brand is well known, and they are sold  around the world. I have a feeling the Radoipaqs may be in the process of being discontinued, so perhaps that might be the reason for the low price. It seems they were marketed poorly, and few knew about them.
I guess they were initially also a bit overpriced($100 list). At around $16 though the Jazz looks like a great bargain.

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #4 of 5
Ok, Ive removed the part of my post as it was about over ears, Ill post that in the appropriate forum, my apologies.
Ive seen some Phillips Shh3580 , are they worth a try/?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back