Over ear headphones that are better than Bose OE or OE2, but similar in comfort?
Jul 16, 2013 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

keepathomas

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased the Bose Circum (which I believe to be the Bose OE1) and they are SOOOO comfortable and so lightweight! I really really love them because of the comfort. I was able to wear them for hours and hours!

After perusing this forum and a few other websites, it seems that Bose headphones are overpriced for the quality. I have thus decided to upgrade to something similar in comfort, but better in quality.

My budget is 300 and less!  Any suggestions?

My primary concern is comfort (light and comfortable, can't even feel em like the Bose OE)
Secondly, high quality sound for the price (value)

Thanks so much!

Additional info:
its mostly for my iphone

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #2 of 5
Check out the Sennheiser Momentum. I haven't tried them, but they are highly praised here and at Inner Fidelity. I've always thought they looked very similar (fit wise) to the Bose headphone line.

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 5
Wow thanks for the fast reply! I did read about the Momentum, but my only concern with them is that it seems that its not exactly 360 degrees over ear. As a result, I`m afraid after a few hours of wear, the pressure would cause pain. I have a pair of Shure SRH840 that I almost never use because it causes pain after about an hour.

Thank you for the suggestion. It reinforces whatever I read so far. I will try to get my hands on one to try them out.

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Wow thanks for the fast reply! I did read about the Momentum, but my only concern with them is that it seems that its not exactly 360 degrees over ear. As a result, I`m afraid after a few hours of wear, the pressure would cause pain. I have a pair of Shure SRH840 that I almost never use because it causes pain after about an hour.

Thank you for the suggestion. It reinforces whatever I read so far. I will try to get my hands on one to try them out.

The Momentums have the 360 degree seal if you have smaller ears. I own the Bose Triports and they have a very small chamber but they are still technically circum-aural. I figure, if you can get the Bose around your ears, you shouldn't have a problem with the Momentums. Otherwise, at least look up measurements of the inside of the cups.

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #5 of 5
I also had some of the old Bose Triports long ago, and they were a very close fit for my ears - and when I bought the Momentums, they sounded fantastic but I literally had to squeeze my earlobes into the cups (and promptly returned them). So I would agree, if you can fit into the Triports (or similar small circumaural) then you've got a good chance of being happy with the Momentums. But if it's already a little tight fitting... maybe not. Definitely worth a try though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back