Over ear headphones for heavy/metal rock help please
Jul 3, 2016 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ajaxjames

New Head-Fier
So, I am looking for some more suggestions. I have been suggested Audio Technica msr7 but I hate that they have memory foam as everything I have worn with it has annoyed it and felt like crap. I was also suggested the grado sr60 and grado sr80. I am looking for over ear headphones. My budget is 75-150 but is flexible and I do have the music i listen to listed so I would appreciate some more suggestions. I am not sure about what tonal balance I am looking for other then something to enhance my listening experience. I don't know if I'd want a lot of bass often but I did listen to a pair of skullcandy hesh 2 and did enjoy the heavy bass from it for the few minutes I listened to it.

Budget - 75 -150

Source - Samsung S6 Active, Computer

Requirements for Isolation - Yes there will be times I use them out of the house in public.

Preferred tonal balance - Not sure. I listen to 5 finger Deathpunch,Shinedown,Metallica,Disturbed,Godsmack,Creed,Aerosmith,1000 foot krutch. Some instrumentals Like Apocalyptica.

Past Headphones - Hurricane turbine 2

Jul 3, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 3
Lot of people love Grado for rock. Worth demoing the SR80, as if you end up being one of those people, spending the rest of your budget won't get you a better headphone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back