Over-ear headphones for electronic music - £200 budget
Mar 28, 2019 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rieku321

New Head-Fier
Budget
£200 at the Max

Source/Amp
Computer (ASRock Pro4 Motherboard); '7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio Caps' are the audio specs listed on the website, but I doubt the information is anything significant. I will be buying a budget AMP in the future.

How the gear will be used
For home listening, prefer closed as I like bassy music but feel free to recommend open cans if I would benefit from the sound quality a lot.

Preferred tonal balance
I don't really know what to put here as I'm not too educated on the topic, I enjoy bass but I don't want it to overpower the other sounds (if that makes sense). Hopefully, the genre's I listen too will clear it up.

Preferred music genre(s)
I listen to mainly electronic music, especially from the 80s-90s, which should hopefully give you a feel of the sound I listen too. I listen to a lot of Eurobeat/Hi-NRG music, but will occasionally listen to classics from other genre's (Rock, Rap etc.). But my main focus is on that 'funky' feel that 90s electronic music has, I really really love Eurobeat so I'd like the headphones to cater to that genre the most (if I had to pick).
Examples:

Past gear experience
I recently lost both my M50x and my iBasso IT01's, and that's pretty much all the gear experience I've had.

What aspect of your current listening experience would you like to improve?
I'd like the sound to be clearer and cleaner, where I can make out the different parts of the song (vocals, bass etc.).

I am currently looking at either the HD 58X or the Fidelio X2's. Please feel free to recommend me any other headphones that you think would be better suited for the music I listen to.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back