Over ear headphones for ~300
Sep 20, 2014 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ziphyx

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings,

I'm looking for some over ear headphones mostly just for listening music, but obviously I'm very picky when it comes to choosing one.
I will be using it, as I said, foremost for listening to music. My playlist includes 10k+ songs so the style varies a lot, though it's mostly rock(ish).
Next to that I will also use it for mixing and/or mastering music, so i'd like it to have a flat response, as long as it doesn't ruin the listening fun of it :)
I don't really need isolation, so my preference does not really incline towards open or close. And also, I'd like it to be strong, as I tend to break stuff quickly, especially things with cables attached to it. So removable cables and sturdy design are a big pro for me :)

I've been looking around a lot, but the biggest problem is that a lot of headphones that don't cost so much in the US or Asia, do cost a lot in the Netherlands (where I live). But anyway, interesting headphones that come to mind are:

- AKG K702 or Q701, removable cables, but very diversified reviews on the sound quality.
- Soundmagic HP100
- Hifiman he400i, bit out of my pricerange, worries about the build quality and pretty much unable to get in my country for a fair price
- Beyerdynamic DT880 pro
- Denon AH-D7000, bit bass heavy if I'm not mistaking?

And quite a few more. I am open to new suggestions, I'm pretty much at a dead end anyway :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back