Over ear headphones - £150
Jun 2, 2016 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

greenkomodo1

100+ Head-Fier
Budget - Under £150, eexclusions might appear.

Source - Fiio X3 2nd Gen

Requirements for Isolation - I guess some isolation to block out stuff around me.

Preferred Type of Headphone - Over-ear. Closed.

Preferred tonal balance - Not sure what to write really. I don't like super bright headphones. My ears tend to be really sensitive to high pitch stuff.

Past headphones - In ear monitors. IE80s.

Preferred Music - I listen to a lot of rock, everything from Coldplay to Mastodon. No other genres.

Use - Commuting to work on the noisy london underground and travelling around.

Seem to have come up with this list...not sure what's best or any others I should consider
Shure SRH840
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO
Audio-Technica M50x
Audio-Technica ATH-A900X
Audio Technica MSR7
V-MODA Crossfade M100

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #2 of 10
Generally speaking, headphones with active noise canceling have poorer sound quality than  those without that technology--all other things being equal. Are you sure you want active noise cancelling over just a pair of very nice closed headphones?

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #7 of 10
You should cross the DT770 and possibly also the MSR7 off your list because you are sensitive to treble. The 770 (and possibly also the MSR7) just won't work for you due to treble emphasis. Also, there will be some leakage from the m100, but it should be relatively modest. Do you listen to your music loud? Lastly, you might also look at the VMODA XS. It is less money than the m100 and could still potentially work for you.

Jun 6, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #10 of 10
What you think about Sennheiser Momentum 2.0. I went to a store and tried them and they seemed nice. They were hella expensive in store liek £220 but I can find some on ebay for £130!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back