Over ear headphone reccomendations?
Mar 14, 2014 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

studentofSound

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for something similar in size to the Bose OE2. Preferably black.

I liked how the OE2's sounded and how they weren't very large. They felt as portable as ear buds for me.

My budget is $100 or just a bit over ($110 max)

Thanks for any input in advance

Also, what your thoughts on the Bose brand? Are the OE2's worth their price at $85?

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #5 of 8
Hey,

Yeah, I'm mainly concerned with how it's appearance and sound quality. I would like them to be light weight since I will be traveling with them (walking/bus). I listed to mainly rock and some metal.

I've been looking at V-moda's M-80s and really like their build. Price is kind of steep for me though.

As of now I'm using Klispch S4's and I love them.

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #6 of 8
Well, I presume if you want headphones for travelling, the M-80's aren't going to cut it when it comes to isolation, if that is what is important to you of course, but I sure as hell find it VERY important, because when you are sitting on the bus/train and the noise interferes with your music it does not matter how good the sound is. I would personally suggest the Sennheiser HD 25, which has very good isolation and awesome sound too. 

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #7 of 8
  Well, I presume if you want headphones for travelling, the M-80's aren't going to cut it when it comes to isolation, if that is what is important to you of course, but I sure as hell find it VERY important, because when you are sitting on the bus/train and the noise interferes with your music it does not matter how good the sound is. I would personally suggest the Sennheiser HD 25, which has very good isolation and awesome sound too. 

That would be important. Thanks, I'll check them out.

Mar 14, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #8 of 8
  Hey! What's the most important features for you? I know that you said size, but this will dramatically limit your possibilities. Are you flexible with this?

Hey,

Yeah, I'm mainly concerned with how it's appearance and sound quality and isolation. I would like them to be light weight since I will be traveling with them (walking/bus). I listed to mainly rock and some metal.

I've been looking at V-moda's M-80s and really like their build. Price is kind of steep for me though.

As of now I'm using Klispch S4's and I love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back