Over Ear Bluetooth Help!
May 8, 2015 at 6:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Kal El The 2nd

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

I recently bought some Sony MDR-XB950BT Bluetooth headphones from Amazon UK.  My initial impressions were good, they sounded nice.  Having owned them for a couple of weeks, I have found that they are actually quite poor.

So I have decided to return them due to the following reasons:

1. The bass is to overpowered with the Bass Boost button on, and to underpowered with it off.
2. Bass overwhelms the rest of the listening experience.
3. They are just not loud enough.  Note 4 and headphones both set to max, and it's not enough. (Got a cheap pair of Bluedio Turbine's and they must be 50% louder through bluetooth.)
4. Sound constantly cutting out through bluetooth, despite being less than 5ft from the source.

I have a rough budget of around £150.
I listen to a a lot of dance music, mainly trance and uplifting dance.
I occasionaly listen to a bit of rock like AC/DC

I LOVE bass, but it has to be controlled and tight, so that it doesn't over power the song.

I used to have a pair of Sony MDR-XB700 which were wired, they were perfect but I had to carry an inline amp to get the best out of them.

Preferably I would like to keep to Bluetooth, but would consider wired options if they could be powered from my phone properly.

My main music source is my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, using Poweramp.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for new cans!

Rich

May 8, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #2 of 2
I don't know your budget, but you should try H/K BT if you can, I found it to be extremely comfortable. Can't say much about sound quality, I only tried the fit, but reviews are very positive. Also has aptX, which is very nice.

Edit: Sorry, you wrote your budget there lol. It's Friday afternoon... this is currently £117 on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back