[Outstanding deal] Klipsch canalphones
Aug 14, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 10
holy crap.. now I wish I had 250 bucks now for the X10's...

Aug 14, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #4 of 10
X5 or X10? I read a comment that says the X5 is boomier... And I want something boomier than my SA6.

Aug 14, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #5 of 10
According to Sovkiller, who owns them all, X10 is the boomiest
smily_headphones1.gif
But X5 is the best

Aug 14, 2008 at 1:28 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Styrbjorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to Sovkiller, who owns them all, X10 is the boomiest
smily_headphones1.gif
But X5 is the best

I'm curious as to a sound comparison of either of these to either UM2 or SE530.

Aug 14, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious as to a sound comparison of either of these to either UM2 or SE530.

I can compare the X10 to the SE530. I had both, and almost kept the X10 over the SE530, but in the end sold the X10 and kept the SE530.

First off, I suppose I am a basshead. On my Ipod, with or without my Mini^3, I use bass boost with the SE530. The X10 had similar tone as the SE530, but more bass. I could leave the EQ flat and be satisfied. The amazing thing was the depth of the bass, there was more subbass than I thought IEMs were capable off. It was a bit bloated, but I didn't mind. The X10 bass is similar to the Atrio's bass, but with better performance in the rest of the spectrum.

The soundstage was surprisingly good. The highs were rolled off similar to SE530, but that made for relaxed listening. The X10 weren't as detailed as the SE530 obviously, probably more on par with the UM2. The X10 felt to me most like full-size cans due to the bass and soundstage.

Comfort was fantastic, but I have to say that the cables were very microphonic and very thin. I could loop the wires over my ears to alleviate the microphonics, or use a shirtclip from a handsfree headset. Although they had a two year warranty, I was still a bit worried about the thin cables. The build didn't leave me with as much confidence as the thick SE530 cables.

I kept the SE530 because they were more capable overall. The SE530 have good bass, soundstage, detail, etc., and there were fewer compromises compared to the X10. That said, the X10 are excellent top-tier IEMs for anyone wanting the best in bass and willing to accept a bit of rolled off highs and smooth response.

Aug 14, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #10 of 10
Has anyone directly compared the X5 and the 530s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back