Outstanding customer service from NAD
Feb 11, 2014 at 11:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

serafko

Head-Fier
Dear Head-fi colleague.

A few months ago i have bought brand new NAD VISO HP50 and i was fascinated with SQ, but something bad hapens.
A two years boy happend to get them in his hand exploring them with small screwdriver. Trough the hole he managed to destroy left driver.
I know, that it was my fault, and he was just suffice his curiosity.
So, i send an email to NAD and ask them to tell me where could i get replacement driver for HP50. They refer me to NAD dealership in my country. So i write to them and after few weeks they have replayed me with bad news, that they could not help me. So, with a litle anger i send mail directly to NAD where the very kind lady form NAD technical support named Meegan Wherry, tell me that headphones are not repairable, but she will try do help me. So after few mail conversation, and sending to her the original invoice, collor and serial number, she had organized that i have just received new replacement headphones for no charge, even if the fault for destroying old one was mine. 
I think, that such a incredible respond is wery rare, so, thank you Meegan, and thank you NAD.

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #2 of 4
Just to share, anyone here old enough (and into audio) during the C520 fiasco? They shipped a lot of them using a transport with a really, really, really crappy laser, and over here, the local dealers and distros were blaming pirated CDs (everyone swore against them) and even home-burned discs (which nearly everyone used), but zero help in the way of free laser replacements. Thanks to the magic of internet forums, people here became aware not just of each others' issues, but also that it was a problem in other countries too (bad disc theory out the window), and when the distributor did not coordinate well with the customers and NAD, they wrote the HQ a letter. Distributor replaced everything with updated C520s using a different transport (might have been the C521) but they got canned the following year.

Feb 11, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 4
  Dear Head-fi colleague.

A few months ago i have bought brand new NAD VISO HP50 and i was fascinated with SQ, but something bad hapens.
A two years boy happend to get them in his hand exploring them with small screwdriver. Trough the hole he managed to destroy left driver.
I know, that it was my fault, and he was just suffice his curiosity.
So, i send an email to NAD and ask them to tell me where could i get replacement driver for HP50. They refer me to NAD dealership in my country. So i write to them and after few weeks they have replayed me with bad news, that they could not help me. So, with a litle anger i send mail directly to NAD where the very kind lady form NAD technical support named Meegan Wherry, tell me that headphones are not repairable, but she will try do help me. So after few mail conversation, and sending to her the original invoice, collor and serial number, she had organized that i have just received new replacement headphones for no charge, even if the fault for destroying old one was mine. 
I think, that such a incredible respond is wery rare, so, thank you Meegan, and thank you NAD.

Great to hear. I don't own one of their headphones but I have one of their amps. The quality of their products is amazing. I will always be one of their loyal customers after hearing your experience. Thanks.

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #4 of 4
You should see Beats customer support. The only thing worse sounding than their headphones is their customer service. If you headphones break , they don't even replace them. It is pretty sad that $300 headphones gets so low customer service. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back