Outputting to speakers and headphone
Dec 1, 2008 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Viperx116

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a sound card where I can have both the speaker and headphone can be plugged in at the same time. I think the Audigy 2 has a software setting where you can switch between output to speakers or headphone. I want this to eliminate the hassle of plugging/unplugging the headphone.

So are there any good sound cards that can do this? I mostly use this to listen to music and movies. My budget is ~$100.

Dec 7, 2008 at 7:33 AM Post #4 of 8
Regularly $80, onsale now for $25 on the Creative site.

Dec 7, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 8
M-Audio drivers let you basically assign whats going to what output, for example you can just clone the stereo output a few times over, this would be a lot more ideal than a splitter (you won't lose any gain/quality)

afaik with the Audigy 2, what you've described is impossible, unless you have the front bay (but its included HP amp isn't going to win any awards), the other option is the HT Omega, as has been mentioned, which can do single ended stereo out in addition to a built in HP amp

look at the M-Audio Delta 44 or Delta 66 (they have the same analog output, the 66 just adds digital or MIDI (forget which))

the only issue I could see with the M-Audio is the lack of an HP amplifier

Dec 7, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viperx116 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a sound card where I can have both the speaker and headphone can be plugged in at the same time. I think the Audigy 2 has a software setting where you can switch between output to speakers or headphone. I want this to eliminate the hassle of plugging/unplugging the headphone.

So are there any good sound cards that can do this? I mostly use this to listen to music and movies. My budget is ~$100.

I connected the Creative X-Mod between my laptop and speakers (actually a Sangean WR-3 radio.)

Songs from my iTunes list now have a lot more oomph, and voices are more distinct. NPR stations through the Internet now sound better when routed through the X-Mod than the same station picked up directly on the Sangean.

One side of the X-Mod has a line to the speakers, the other side has an input for headphones. The sound improvement in both is not small. On top of all that, I was able to install the darn thing in minutes, completely hassle free.

Last I looked, the X-Mod was still on sale at $55 off. I can't imagine a better investment at $25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back