Outdoor Party Speaker Setup
Apr 30, 2012 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rvander3526

New Head-Fier

Let me start by saying I have literally no DJ experience and my audio experience is limited to installing subs and an amp in my car.

I plan to throw a huge party to celebrate all my friend's graduations at once as well as the beginning of summer. I have like 3 weeks to put this thing together and I want this to be big...planning on inviting ~250 to this thing with a 'bring your friends' tagline so I'm figuring ~300-500 will show. This is going to be on an open field and most likely powered by generators. I am charging $5 a head so my budget for this stuff is ~$1000.

I need a setup that will:
1) really kick with good bass. (cause we know that's what the kids love these days)
2) can be easily controlled by my laptop without a DJ control board. (iTunes Playlist)
3) be as mobile as possible.
4) least power consumption as possible
5) maybe even a simple light show setup?

If anyone has some ideas to help this party happen please help me out.

I know this is a fairly ridiculous idea but its in its very early stages and if I pulled it off it would be one hell of a night.

Thanks for your time!!

May 2, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 2
For your situation you're probably better off just hiring someone for the day to come out and set up their own equipment and handle it all for you.

Also charging for a party in a field?  Come on bro ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back