Out of all these Iems which has the over all best bang for the buck clearest sound and picks up the most micro details?
Feb 2, 2017 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

HardstyleLoco96

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello i've been on the search for an iem for a while now and I can't seem to make up my mind as I like them all. I listen to a variety of genres from rock to rap and from trance to hardstyle but a lot of The Prodigy. I want a iem that is crystal clear without being harsh and without sacrificing bass to much but can bring a very good amout of micro details. My current choices are:
- Noble Audio Savanna
- Noble Audio Sage
- Campfire Audio Orion
- Campfire Audio Nova
- Campfire Audio Lyra
- Etymotic ER4XR
- Fitear F111
- Oriveti New Primacy
- Mee Audio Pinnacle P1

I want the iem that gives me the best bang for the buck only if it is truly worth it. I don't mind if it leads towards a warmish sound signature but I am truly looking for something more balanced with a very extended treble and amazing mids with very quick, tight and punchy mid bass and sub bass that can rumble when called for but I know some BA drivers don't really rumble like dynamics but you guys get the idea. Main focus though is clarity and details details details! :grin: So out of all my choices which would you say suit my needs best? Build quality and looks also matter which is why I chose all these.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 10
I don't have any of those but I do have the er4sr, so i can kind of imagine what the xr may sound like. The xr may be a tiny bit on the cool side but if you are looking for something that does everything well I think it may suit you. If you are really looking for bass it may still be too lean though.

But since you said you want details I think I'd give my vote to the xr. I'm loving my sr.

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #3 of 10
I don't have any of those but I do have the er4sr, so i can kind of imagine what the xr may sound like. The xr may be a tiny bit on the cool side but if you are looking for something that does everything well I think it may suit you. If you are really looking for bass it may still be too lean though.

But since you said you want details I think I'd give my vote to the xr. I'm loving my sr.
I have my warm headphones such as the PM3 and my precious X2. I used to own the RHA T10 and I did like what I was hearing but after time I got bored of it and found that I truly needed something clearer and cleaner and definitely brighter. The Etymotic Er4SR was really close to being purchased but then I heard that the bass may be a little lacking but I used to own the Msr7 and many say it lacked bass and all of that but I found it perfect. So I continued looking discovered the ER4XR and heard that it had a slight lift in the bass region and it really got me hyped but as I kept on researching more iem came out to play and now I am stuck. But yes the ER4XR is so far my top pick but I also heard about the Fitear 111 being very similar to the ER4S but with a bigger soundstage and a tad more bass. So yeah me is stuck -.-.

Jan 3, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #4 of 10
The Etyomtic series are the kings of detail. Hardly anything can beat them until you reach thousands of dollars. But, the best bang for buck in that list has to be the Pinnacle p1. It's just so much better than 200 dollars.

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 10
I highly recommend ER4XR, a little bit bass added than ER4SR

I got the XR on Christmas, at first, I dislike it because many iems I use to try are dynamic, so when come to the armature, bass is not enough indeed for me.
As the time passed, I listen music 4hr a day, then I found myself fall in love with XR.
Its quality is solid, and the tone is beautiful especially in Classic music..............consider my poor English situation, I don't know how to describe the gorgeous feeling with XR.

Just have a try.:smile_phones:

Jan 4, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #7 of 10
At that level it would help to know what you plan to use for amp and dac. For example my first encounter with Fiio F9pro convinced me my gears are too inferior, relatively, to fully embrace the qualitative benefits. By the way another headfier claimed F9pro > P1 sound wise.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back