Out and About Cans?
post-750149
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 7

cybertron

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
259
Reaction score
10
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Posts
259
Likes
10
I am new to this board so if this isnt the right place for this thread, please mods, lock it or move it.

I am fairly new to the whole hi-fi audio scene but I have purchased a pair of Grado SR225 and I can never go back to my old cans i had before. These even blow my computers speakers out of the water when i thought they were really good. My question is this though, I am looking for a good sounding pair of cans i can listen to while riding the bus or doing whatever around town. Now i'm in a wheelchair so they do need to be a little on the tough side, I wont be able to slip them easily in my backpack or whatever so something i can just wear around all the time either a light pair of normal headphones or some ear bud type, but that wont fall out of my ear. My problem is this, I am deathly afraid of just going out and buying a cd/mp3 player and using the heaphones that come with them, because i can only imagine them sucking horribly compaired to these cans. I would take these cans out and about but A) they dont look so hot. lol
and B) they are easily heard by the person sitting next to you, because of their open design. so with all that said does anyone have any suggestions for good cans that might fit my application?
 
     Share This Post       
post-750163
Post #2 of 7

Chefguru

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
1,774
Reaction score
23
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Posts
1,774
Likes
23
There are a bunch that would work. You need to be a bit more specific. 3 questions:
1. How much isolation do you need
2. How much cash do you have to spend
3. Do you perfer earbud, full size headphone or ear canal
 
     Share This Post       
post-750173
Post #3 of 7

cybertron

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
259
Reaction score
10
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Posts
259
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally posted by Chefguru
There are a bunch that would work. You need to be a bit more specific. 3 questions:
1. How much isolation do you need
2. How much cash do you have to spend
3. Do you perfer earbud, full size headphone or ear canal


hmmm
1. i guess as much as i can get, but at the same time i want to know whats going on around me, i'm more concerned with others hearing it, because i can always turn it up to kill the outside noise.
2. I wanna try and keep it around 100-150 like the grado's
3. I didnt know the difference between earbud and ear canal. and i'm not partial to any as long as they are comfy. ear canal sound nice if they are comfy. err sound as in.... seem nice.
 
     Share This Post       
post-750263
Post #4 of 7

Chefguru

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
1,774
Reaction score
23
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Posts
1,774
Likes
23
Ear buds go over the opening of your ear canal , ear canal headphones go into the actual ear canal. Since comfort is a problem and you want to hear whats going on around you, ear canal doesn't really sound like a good idea.
I would recommend maybe the sennheiser px250, Ath-cm7ti , maybe even mx500 - but sound wize i'm not sure how any of those sound (although i'm sure they will sound better then stock headphones) since I haven't heard any of the 3 (so take this with a grain of salt). People here tend to like them.
 
     Share This Post       
post-750528
Post #5 of 7

cybertron

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
259
Reaction score
10
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Posts
259
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally posted by Chefguru
Ear buds go over the opening of your ear canal , ear canal headphones go into the actual ear canal. Since comfort is a problem and you want to hear whats going on around you, ear canal doesn't really sound like a good idea.
I would recommend maybe the sennheiser px250, Ath-cm7ti , maybe even mx500 - but sound wize i'm not sure how any of those sound (although i'm sure they will sound better then stock headphones) since I haven't heard any of the 3 (so take this with a grain of salt). People here tend to like them.


hmm i like the price of the mx500, i might give those a shot, not much to lose there. Thanks for the info. now to find a decent mp3 player. hehe.
 
     Share This Post       
post-750651
Post #6 of 7

bubsdaddy

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
1,183
Reaction score
74
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Posts
1,183
Likes
74
If you try the MX500's spend another $2 and get some Radio Shack foamies.
 
     Share This Post       
post-750857
Post #7 of 7

cybertron

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
259
Reaction score
10
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Posts
259
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally posted by bubsdaddy
If you try the MX500's spend another $2 and get some Radio Shack foamies.


thank you for the heads up.
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top