Our new car has finally arrived! Lots of Volvo C-30 pics inside. (56k probably not)
May 13, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #16 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of cool, we were beside an Audi A3 at an intersection, when the light turned green it revved a little bit and as it tried to speed away, we passed it. It tried as hard as it could to leave the intersection quickly, but the loaded-down C30 beat it.
wink.gif

now thats just the kind of wreckless irresponsible behavior that could get your license revoked. Don't you know street racing is illegal??
rolleyes.gif

May 13, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #17 of 41
Congratulations with your new car!
I have personally never been a Volvo fan, but this one looks like a perfect sized city car.

May you have many enjoying times in it...
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #18 of 41
Congratulations!
Very nice car.
I used to drive a 440 (1.8 l though) and I loved it for the same reasons you love yours.
Their newer models are way to small for me unfortunately, I just don't fit in.
plainface.gif

May 13, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #19 of 41
Very nice! I'm spotting them more and more often lately. I always mistake them for a "big" Volvo when they are behind me. They look great, I really like that Volvo kept the P1800ES's rear shape and still made it look very modern.

Enjoy it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congratulations!
Very nice car.
I used to drive a 440 (1.8 l though) and I loved it for the same reasons you love yours.
Their newer models are way to small for me unfortunately, I just don't fit in.
plainface.gif

You don't fit in a lot of cars, Kees.
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #21 of 41
I really love your car! Congratulations!

BTW I do not know if you are willing to spend the additional cost but IMO using synthetic oil is the way to go. Not only will your engine last longer but it will run quieter, cooler, and get better gas mileage. Speaking of mileage most cars will continue to improve till they have logged 4,000 miles or so.

BTW, since I am anal I change the oil/filter on new cars at 1,000 miles. If using synthetic again at 5,000 miles and then every 5,000 miles. Best of luck and enjoy your beautiful new car.
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #24 of 41
Great looking car. I like the center console aswell.

May 14, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #25 of 41
not bad at all. somehow i forget all the volvo stuff as we have not owned one since getting to canada but, i thought the reverse was more vw like in that it is located near the gear 1. too bad, that is so much easier! have fun with or without my chiding!

May 14, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now thats just the kind of wreckless irresponsible behavior that could get your license revoked. Don't you know street racing is illegal??
rolleyes.gif

Umm, we weren't street racing? Both cars just wanted to leave the intersection in a timely manner.

Nice try.

May 14, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really love your car! Congratulations!

BTW I do not know if you are willing to spend the additional cost but IMO using synthetic oil is the way to go. Not only will your engine last longer but it will run quieter, cooler, and get better gas mileage. Speaking of mileage most cars will continue to improve till they have logged 4,000 miles or so.

BTW, since I am anal I change the oil/filter on new cars at 1,000 miles. If using synthetic again at 5,000 miles and then every 5,000 miles. Best of luck and enjoy your beautiful new car.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, the dealership told us to check it after 2000km so a little before would make sense. They also gave us some synthetic oil. I'll have to look at what brand it is - but it's "made for Volvos!"
plainface.gif

We just need to find a place where we can hand-wash it since everything around here is automatic, and yes it's a metallic paint job, but still, I prefer hand wash.

The bad thing is - I can't drive it! I think it's different in the US, but here the 1.6 SE (called SE in the UK, called Momentum in Finland) models have manual gearboxes as standard, but it's true that my husband would have preferred that anyway.

I can't drive a stick shift, never learned. So ummm, yeah, this was a good way from keeping the wife from using the car.
mad.gif

May 14, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #29 of 41
Nice post! We were looking for small car to purchase soon. I would say this is on the top of my list now...but in silver
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #30 of 41
Well, Mr. Plainsong let me have my fun and pick the paint color and interior. I mean since I can't drive the thing, I as well use some authoritah somewhere in the process.
evil_smiley.gif

He would have wanted black... bleh! It didn't take any arm twisting though to like this color.

But if not this blue, then silver, absolutely.
smily_headphones1.gif

I just wonder how well they'll do in the US. There's not a huge market for 3 door hatches, even the T5 version isn't really playing in hothatch territory. If they price it insanely, they'll miss the target market. Locally it was priced at just below the Audi A3 and came with more stuff. It was right above a similarly spec'd Citroen C4, 1.8L Yaris, and below the A3. That's just about the perfect price position really. It's not cheap, and it wasn't expensive for what you got. It attracted the kind of buyers who are looking at one price tier, and then think to themselves, if we stretch a tiny bit more, this car is cooler...
wink.gif

Of course, a lot of that went to taxes, but what can ya do?
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back