Our first proper stereo has arrived!
Aug 11, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #17 of 23
Niiice.

Aug 11, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #18 of 23
Niiice.

Aug 11, 2006 at 8:56 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussei
Oh man, Id love to own some Chord gear. Maybe someday... anyway, that's truly beautiful.

Beauty is important, but not the most important. I was actually considering a Naim system. Those don't look cool, but their performance is pretty astonishing. Chord on the other hand, looks nice and also peforms well. Mind you, my choice wasn't based on looks. The Naim system had poor synergy (CDX2, NAP300, NAC282, HiCap, NAPSC, ProAc D80) and the resulting sound was a little on the bright and harsh side. Complex orchestral music sounded congested. Bass was very good though. IMO better than the system I have now. By better bass, I mean a more prominent and deeper bass.

Aug 11, 2006 at 9:39 AM Post #21 of 23
VERY, VERY, NICE!!!!!!!!!

Aug 11, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins
VERY, VERY, NICE!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I noticed you have the Parasound JC-1 Monoblocks. I have heard numerous good things about them, but unfortunately, I could not arrange an audition. They are pretty cheap for such powerful and apparently extremely good-sounding monoblocks. I regret not having heard them before. Are you enjoying them?

Aug 11, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Thanks. I noticed you have the Parasound JC-1 Monoblocks. I have heard numerous good things about them, but unfortunately, I could not arrange an audition. They are pretty cheap for such powerful and apparently extremely good-sounding monoblocks. I regret not having heard them before. Are you enjoying them?

They are truly wonderful amps. I use them with one of the hardest to drive speakers out there and they not only handle them...but control them and the sound is wonderful. They were $6K for the pr. when I got them but have gone up to $7K a pr. now. Still a steal at that price. They will be around for quite some time, as the only amps I have heard that I would think of replacing them with have been either the Pass Labs 600.5 monoblocks or the BAT VK-600Se monoblocks. And it would really take quite a deal on the Pass amps to make the trade since, I REALLY WANT THOSE BAT AMPS BAD!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back