Our first ever planar magnetic can, VENUS is up for pre order
Dec 3, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #76 of 81
There's once an April fool's joke told by us that we'll jump into the full-size market.
And here we are, our first ever planar magnetic full size headphone is up for preorder, waiting for brave ones to test its potential.
VENUS-EN_01.jpgVENUS-EN_02.jpgVENUS-EN_03.jpgVENUS-EN_04.jpgVENUS-EN_05.jpgVENUS-EN_06.jpgVENUS-EN_07.jpgVENUS-EN_08.jpgVENUS-EN_09.jpgVENUS-EN_10.jpgVENUS-EN_11.jpgVENUS-EN_12.jpgVENUS-EN_13.jpg
@MOONDROP ... good job for your first headphone... it looks amazing.... I am curious if and when you will have a headphone that competes with the Hifiman Susvara at a decent price... I know you will get there soon... fyi.. the outer grills on the Venus would look even more amazing if they were gold plated.. :xf_cool:

Dec 7, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #77 of 81
Tried the VENUS at a local store yesterday. On the FIIO K7 it sounds flat and unengaging, same story with the QLS QA390. Moving on to the K9PRO really opens up the sound though, bass seems to gain much more presence and the sound becomes more focused. One issue I have with this headphone though is it's transparency. They don't sound transparent enough compared to say an HE500. Or maybe they just need more power.

Jan 5, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #78 of 81
Moondrop Venus + Hifiman EF400 is a really good pairing.

2X2A0002.jpg

Feb 23, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #80 of 81
I tried the Moondrop Venus at e-earphone and i was surprised that the Bass was much stronger and slapped harder than i would have ever expected after reading and watching all those reviews.

It is not a bass monster, that is true, but there was an very satisfying slap that made impact pretty enjoyable and realistic. I wouldn't have complained if it would be a tiny bit stronger, but nowhere close to being dissatisfying. Somwhere around in the 1-2db area maybe.

I was using my WM1ZM2 in direct mode, so no EQ or DSP applied.

But the lower treble/upper mids were way to sharp for me. I listened to Let it Die from ReoNa (i always go to this song to check for sharp treble) and i instantly noticed the harsh/rustling high hat in the very beginning but what was even worse was the part at 1/3 into the song where she just sings with drums in the background.

It was pure pain, like needles having been pinched into my ears. This was the only and main reason to not buy the Venus, if that would not have been the case, i would have instantly bought it.

As i don't have this issue with any of my other Headphones/Earphones, i blame the headphone on it which is said, because except for this, i really really liked it.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #81 of 81

Users who are viewing this thread

Back