ouput plugs of the OBH-11SE/HD600
Jan 26, 2004 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

oso

New Head-Fier
Hi

Could someone tell me how sounds the HD 600 plugged in the 2 different sockets of the OBH11-SE amp?
Which socket would be the best for those headphones according to the sound characteritics provided?

Thanks a lot

OSO

Jan 26, 2004 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 6
I think any of the sockets should be fine. The OBH-11 SE is made to drive two sets of cans. I have not heard that there should be any difference between the jacks.

But don´t take my word for it, I could be wrong.

Jan 27, 2004 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 6
Actually, there is a difference between the output jacks. One jack has higher impedance than the other (the actual impedance depends on which version, A or B of the amp you have). I don't remember right now which is the higher impedance jack. Using the "wrong" jack won't damage the phones. I would just use the one that sounds better to you. Personally, I prefer the sound of the HD600 out of the left-hand jack, though I've noticed that the difference between jacks with this phone was moderate to subtle. Both my old w1000 and CD3000 were much more sensitive to which jacks I used.

There are a couple of pretty old threads on this board where the guy that actually designed the OBH series of headphones at Creek participated. He discussed just this issue, and went further into the distinctions between the SE and non-SE models, and the revisions A and B to the SE model. It was pretty interesting.

Jan 27, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #6 of 6
I have my HD-600 connected to a Creek OBH-11. It sounds fine to me, I´m happy with the sound (just got the cans, used HD-580 before). I would really like to get my hands on a Corda. I have never listened to a Corda but only heard good things about them. Do not know how HA2 pairs with HD-600 though...

I want Prehead
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back