Ouch my ms-1s are killing me - need full size cans for on the go
Jan 3, 2010 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Mr Do

1000+ Head-Fier
I love my ms-1s but I can not listen to them for a long period of time without killing my ears. I've tried other pads but I've giving up on them. I'm now ready to upgrade or sidestep to another full size can that's more confortable on the go. My budget is $250 and will be using an iPhone and ibasso d10 amp. I'm leaning towards the senheiser HD 25 -I-II for there ruggedness, isolatition, and general praise here. I've also noticed some headfiers using the ATH - ESW9A with there portable rigs but not to familiar with them. Any suggestions would be much apreciated.

Thanks.
DO!

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 11
how about this? you can do it by yourself. quite easy.

%E8%AA%BF%E6%95%B4%E5%A4%A7%E5%B0%8FGrado%20RS1i%20018.jpg

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 11
Thanks jeubow, even though my chinese is flaky but I can manage the reading.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Those do look comfy - now is there any instructions in English? I'm still looking for some cans with better isolation for the city.

Thanks.
DO!

Me too. I want cost/materials/how to.

I'm guessing ~$45, just as much as Jumbo's.

Jan 4, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Those do look comfy - now is there any instructions in English? I'm still looking for some cans with better isolation for the city.

Thanks.
DO!

you can refer to my thread before. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/mod...o-325i-445027/

I put many pictures step by step. It is quite easy, as long as you have the right tools and materials. They cost almost free. But the most expensive thing is the ear pad. I recommand the DT990 earpads. They create the sound as genuine as the grado, even though they are still not authentic anyway.

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by volntitan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great...I had just gotten down to deciding which Grado/Alessandro to get and now find out they aren't comfortable.....

sigh....

they're not uncomfortable, for me anyway. If you do find they are, e.g. too tight/hurt your ears, bend the headband, and change the pads... in my opinion the ttvj, comfy and 414 pads make them better than the bowl pads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back