Otterbox defender iPhone 4
Aug 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

noobzpro

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm going to get my iPhone soon and currently am using JH13 with twag cables. The problem now is I am planning to get the otterbox defender for the iphone 4, but was wondering can it fit the fat viablue 3.5mm plug. Those who have experience do advice, do recommend cases which u know can fit too thanks.

Aug 13, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 16
I just got a Commuter for my Nexus One, and I love it.
The only thing wrong with it is that the Defender for the N1 came out after I ordered the Commuter! I would have preferred the Defender, but the Commuter is a great case anyways.

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #6 of 16

Quote:
Does anyone know of a sleek looking case that can fit both an Ipod touch and a Nuforce icon mobile securely in it at once?

You're going to have to seek out some slim camera bags it would seem.

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #7 of 16
I have the defender iPhone 4 case and am using the twag with viablue and it will NOT fit in fact only very small plugs will work I have to use an adapter.

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
I have the defender iPhone 4 case and am using the twag with viablue and it will NOT fit in fact only very small plugs will work I have to use an adapter.

That's odd, every cable I have fits no problem. ALO Super Cotton, ALO 18G Cryo Copper. Fiio L3 and the Apple component cables even work. Otterbox did a pretty good job I think because you couldn't use anything other than the sync/charge cable with their iPhone 2G-3GS cases of the past.

Aug 28, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #10 of 16
Damn how big are those Twag Mini's? I can fit an older ALO mini to mini with the ginormous Canare F12 plug on it. The entire plug housing doesn't fit square in the hole but the jack still goes all the way in and outputs a signal.

Aug 28, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #11 of 16
The viablue has to seat flush to work and it will not clear the inside plastic case. I just tried it again and it's a no go.

Aug 28, 2010 at 11:57 PM Post #12 of 16
Depending on how much room you need, you could take a Dremel or a small drill bit and make the opening a little wider on the case. Shouldn't bee too hard of a mod, I wouldn't think.

Aug 29, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #13 of 16

Quote:
Depending on how much room you need, you could take a Dremel or a small drill bit and make the opening a little wider on the case. Shouldn't bee too hard of a mod, I wouldn't think.

X2, just drill it out if you have the tools required and won't injure yourself in the process.

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #15 of 16

Quote:
I had kinda the same problem with my 3GS otterbox and an aftermarket plug. I took a razor blade and shaved the plug down to fit the case.

Yeah me too. I had to take a Dremel tool to two Apple component cables. One in my home and one in my car. It's all good with the iPhone 4 model though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back