Ottawa Mini Meet
Aug 2, 2005 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

ken_loo

100+ Head-Fier
This is in regards to the thread in the Amps section. If you are interested in doing a mini-meet please reply here or pm me.

I cannot host many people. I'm thinking about 3 at most.

Aug 2, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 38
You know I'm in
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 38
I'm in! Hopefully I'll have my ES cd5 here as well as my ppx3. Only cans I have right now are the MS-Pro though...

Aug 2, 2005 at 12:14 PM Post #7 of 38
I'm in. Try to have it as soon as possible.
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #8 of 38
Pretty sad that you guys can do meets left and right and nobody does anything in Toronto
frown.gif

Actually, more envy, since I wouldn't mind hearing Squeek's new amp!

Aug 2, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #9 of 38
I really don't understand the Toronto group. I mean, you must have at least 10x the Head-fiers that we do...

Aug 2, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #10 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
I really don't understand the Toronto group. I mean, you must have at least 10x the Head-fiers that we do...

I suppose I am just as guilty as anyone. Plenty of gear, but no room and no time to host a bash.

Aug 3, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #12 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by riffer
I suppose I am just as guilty as anyone. Plenty of gear, but no room and no time to host a bash.

Dude, I seriously want to hear your ear-max pro. ^^

Biggie.

Aug 3, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
what about mini meets like ken? 2-4 members? heck...even less

I've never been to a big meet before. But the two little ones I've had were really nice. Lots of equipment for a few heads. And much less noise, I would imagine.

Aug 3, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #14 of 38
The week of Aug 21 would be ideal for me since I'm on holidays. Looks like a good little meet though... Lite, PPX-6sn7, Raptor, 880, 650, Silver Dragon... should be a nice day to show what each can do.

I'm really interested in the PPX and 650. Love hybrid integrated amps for speakers, tubes should be even more ideal on headphones. Guess I'll know soon enough. Also want to see Senn well amped. I absolutely hated the 600 on a Meta can't wait to hear the 650 on a Raptor
biggrin.gif

Then I'll decide if its recable the 880 with copper or get some 650 with silver
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #15 of 38
I'm most looking forward to hearing Kens HP2's and Raptor! The HD650 will undoubtedly be my next phones purchase, so hearing them on my rig will be excellent.

I've been tossing around the idea of actively pursuing HP2's, but have not heard them yet. I've heard amazing things about the Raptor, but have not had any exposure to RSA goodies.

Anyone who has not heard the ppx3 is in for a treat. It is a fantastic sounding amplifier and at a fair price to boot. It pairs VERY well with my MSpro so I imagine it will drive the HP2 nicely as well.

Barring any major hiccups, my Eastsound CD5 should be here in plenty of time for the meet.

What sources are you guys bringing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back