Other weaknesses in the system...
Nov 25, 2003 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

JohnFerrier

1000+ Head-Fier
I've read about how good components reveal other weakness in the system.

In anticipation of receiving an order for new Sennheiser HD: ), I've been using my old Sennheiser Ministar MS100 (and if anyone has info on these let me know--they seem to be in an internet black hole). Anyways, I noticed a buzz in the left channel when listening to a CD. At first I thought it was static electicity. I relistened and sure enough a buzz in the left channel same spot on the CD. I've never noticed this with speakers. (This is a Yamaha Minisystem.)

Well, if such digital distortion is common with CD/headphone listening, this will be annoying. Do others experience occasional buzzing/digital distortion sounds with their CD listening. I thought that there were enough layers of error correction that a 1/8" hole in the CD would not be a problem. (I'm careful handling my CDs and I'm sure my player is otherwise okay.) I could try cleaning the CD, but I have a feeling it is more than that...

JF

Jan 17, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 2
regarding the buzzing...is it possible that the cable is either loose on the left side or the cable is damaged. The cable on the ms100s are replaceable but I don't know if you would be able to get a replacement cable now unless current models use the same attachment.

I had two pair of the Ms100s and they are still my favourite headphone mostly because I was using them for so long and had them from a young age. I had my last pair for 15 years before they came to the end.

I really wish Sennheiser still made these headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back