Other than the iBasso D1, what else?
Nov 4, 2007 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

oofie810

100+ Head-Fier
I've sparked my love for music yet again after 2 years, so I guess it's time to upgrade/buy stuff from where I left off.
icon10.gif

I am using my Macbook Pro as a source, a PA2V2 amp and Grado SR-80s for my cans. Anyway, I've been reading again and seems like I want to get a DAC or a DAC/amp combo. I really like the iBasso D1 as it has USB, optical and line in, but it's out of stock right now and a bit on the expensive side for me. What are my other options if I wanted something with optical, USB and line in? I'm looking for something a bit portable and somewhere around $150. I can also go with DAC alone as I can still use my amp.

Thanks!

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 7
Well, the HeadRoom Total BitHead is a portable DAC/amp that comes in right at $150. It has USB and line in, but no optical, unfortunately. Can't say much else about it since I don't have one, but it is an option.

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by umcloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the HeadRoom Total BitHead is a portable DAC/amp that comes in right at $150. It has USB and line in, but no optical, unfortunately. Can't say much else about it since I don't have one, but it is an option.

I would say it is a good option also. I'm still thinking of the situations where I would need the optical input as it could save me about $100.

Nov 5, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 7
For $150 the options are limited to:

- UHA-3 for $189
- Corda Move for $240
- iBasso D1 for $209 (no cables)
- Total BitHead for $149
- Headstage (some issues w/ delivery here)

There is another one in eBay but I can not remember it at the moment.

Nov 5, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For $150 the options are limited to:

- UHA-3 for $189
- Corda Move for $240
- iBasso D1 for $209 (no cables)
- Total BitHead for $149
- Headstage (some issues w/ delivery here)

There is another one in eBay but I can not remember it at the moment.

I've read Skylab's review of the Move, iBasso and the UHA-3 and it seems that the UHA-3 isn't a bad choice at all. Only thing is, it doesn't have the optical input like the iBasso. I might end up with the UHA-3 or the Bithead, but is the UHA-3 worth $40 more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back