Other ear tips for ER4?
Jan 22, 2009 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I've been using my ER4P for awhile, and I'm actually looking for an alternative for the tips that work with it.

I'm currently using the Shure Olives in medium. They fit fine and works well but they don't last at all for me. Usually for about less than a month for a pair. I also note that they don't isolate well for me. Usually halfway through a bus ride I can feel it loose it's seal. I'm not sure if I should try the large sized ones.

I used to do with the Etymotic black foams but they are not available in my country, and shipping direct from their website is too costly for me. The grey triple flanges causes some pain, and I tried modding some shure flanges too but they are equally uncomfortable.

Can there be anything else out there that fits the ER4 that I can take into consideration? That is besides doing a custom ear mold, as I have no intention of doing so.

Edit: I also have intentions to get an APS cable. the current stock one is too long and the plastic Y joint area is kinda heavy and pulls my earphone drivers downwards. That might actually be the case that's tugging my earphones down to cause a seal break. I don't really like using the clip provided and most of the time I have nothing to clip it against. It's quite hard to manage.

Anyway what kind of improvements should I expect from the APS P or S cables?

Jan 22, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #2 of 2
well of all the tips i have and played about with the er4 is the only one i didint prefer small olives.

i actually moderately liked using large olives and letting them sit much further out then they really ment to but the best ones i found was the klipsch "large" biflange gels the come with their custom series. see if you can mybe get some klipsch tips and work out what fits you best.

ironically i hate the klipsch tips on the klipsch customs but they really work on the etys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back