Other AT cans?
Feb 21, 2002 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

puck

100+ Head-Fier
has anyone heard any of the audio technica cans other than the w100 and w2002? there are loads of them around here but none of the shops want to let me audition them.

Feb 21, 2002 at 4:44 AM Post #2 of 12
The AD series is noteworthy. It includes AD5, AD7, AD9 and AD10, and are very competitive in their respective price ranges. Bad news is none of these models is available anywhere in the US or in Europe. However they are available in China and Hongkong.

Feb 21, 2002 at 10:20 AM Post #3 of 12
puck,

do you read Japanese? This Japanese review compares a lot of AT headphones: W11JPN, W11R, W100, AD10 and A9X. This might be interesting for you. Actually, it is quite interesting for me too. Probably for a lot of people here at Head-Fi. Could you translate the major points of the review for us? This would be great.
cool.gif

Feb 21, 2002 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 12
i read a bit but probably not enough to do a good translation. also, my laptop is running english software that isn't set for displaying japanese, so i can't access that page from home where i could get help translating it. i'll see what i can do though.

Mar 3, 2002 at 3:32 PM Post #8 of 12
puck,

Isn't there a Yodobashi Camera or Laox near where you live? They typically have a headphone rack to let you listen to them. Yodibashi in particular generally have a great selection for you to audition.

The newly opened Yodobashi in Osaka has at least 100 phones to try. (I don't know the name of the brach but its very near Osaka Station)

Yodabashi in Shinjuku also has that many scattered across the various stores in shinjuku. But unlike Osaka they are not all in one place.

Many of the smaller stores (relatively speaking as the ones I listed are the main stores which are huge) usually have about 50 of so phones you can try.

Mar 3, 2002 at 5:26 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

The newly opened Yodobashi in Osaka has at least 100 phones to try. (I don't know the name of the brach but its very near Osaka Station)

100 phones on display to try??????? I would think I had died and gone to heaven.

Anyway, I would really, really like to have someone report in English on those two open AT cans, the -9 and -10... Even Neruda was intrigued.

Mar 3, 2002 at 8:40 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Origanally posted by JML
Even Neruda was intrigued.

Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda
yes he was...

now you've done it. you do know what happens when neruda starts referring to himself in the third person, don't you? huh?
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back